[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:11 am 

Gene long,

I think your advice is spot on. We have tried and tried to get ABWE to name my husband as innocent of the 8 they found guilty that were dead, retired, resigned or terminated but they just ignore the request. I doubt we hire an attorney but we should, my husband knows he is not one of the 8 but I personally want his name eliminated. ABWE could care less about people like us as well as those who were abused by Dr. Donn William Ketcham,which is far more serious than our complaint. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:16 am 

It is interesting that New Tribes has now done something similar.

The only information they have released publicly following the Vianopolis investigation is this paragraph on their website:

Review of East Brazil 1983-1998
As a part of our commitment to child safety, NTM USA continues to commission independent reviews of historical allegations of abuse. Most recently, a review of the eastern region of Brazil was finalized and given to the NTM USA Executive Board. The review confirmed that there were incidents of abuse, in the time period between 1983 and 1998. In response to the review, NTM USA has amended the employment records of five former members to now indicate dismissal and/or permanent removal from membership from NTM USA as a result of their actions against children. The board has also carried out additional recommendations from an independent panel including notifying the Sending Churches of the outcomes of the review and sending letters of apology to those indicated by the review team. Information from the review has been shared with those directly involved and with law enforcement.

http://usa.ntm.org/historical-reviews

If I were a former member of NTM who had served in East Brazil, I don't think I'd be very pleased with this decision to be so secretive. There are many missionaries who once served with New Tribes in East Brazil who did NOT abuse children. How many of them are now going to sense a change in how people look at them or treat them? It truly is NOT fair.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:44 am 

Raz,

Seems these investigations end up the same no matter who does the investigating, bar GRACE of course. Why should the innocent not be declared innocent since the guilty will not be named? If that is too hard just name the guilty which should be done for the sake of protecting any future abuse. I still remember a post on the Bangladesh blog by a person named Rebecca in which she told about her father abusing her adopted sister from a third world country. He was not exposed and she said ABWE did not ask about her or her siblings if they had been abused. In fact her mum was told not to continue talking about it or the girl could sue her. What? Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:06 pm 

Interesting, my husband just informed me that Pii has postponed their report as 2 important people have come forward. Thought this was of interest and I will check it out with those who know more. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:19 pm 

Hmm ... interesting! Please let us know if you find out more about this.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:35 am 

ABWE must be hurting or they are genuine (I am negative on this one) because they have quite an extensive amount written about their past mishandling of pedophilia. They did finally admit they fired Loftus and they asked and received the resignation of Russ Ebersole and Don Davis, I think they should have terminated them like they did my husband. We still have not received one word from clearing my husband's name from the Showers Simms investigation regarding the unnamed guilty that are either retired, resigned or terminated and doubt we ever do. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:00 am 

Just thought I would add a thought here. My husband got an email requesting he take his OLD blog down about ABWE since they now have a new president and now all is well. Well, all is not well according to at least one of the victims as she says the new president has not bothered to contact them. This man was a pastor and could care less about the past abuse of these girls, why should that surprise me??????? Check out Frank Houston (deceased pedophile and father of Brian Houston). Brian is now being questioned by the Australian Royal Commission into sexual abuse. I wonder if New Tribes is on the agenda, can only hope. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:25 am 

"Since they now have a new president and now all is well."

Sounds like a good diversion tactic.

Expect it to be used again, in other organizations.

:|

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:33 pm 

All but one of Frank Houston's victims were in N.Z. From my understanding he committed these abuses when he was with the Salvation Army. Full stop

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 31  Next