[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:01 pm 

Since finding out about these sex crimes with ABWE and NTM I thank the Lord almost every day I raised my children on the mission field and they came out unscathed. I wish all parents could say the same and I am so sorry they can't. Full stop.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:26 pm 

ABWE has asked for Don Davis and Russ Ebersoles's resignation and it was given, I personally say they should terminate them but that is called bitterness in some people's mind. They also told the truth why they let Michael Loftis go but didn't admit they didn't tell the truth when it happened. They also admitted Dr. Wendell Kempton failed in his duty, he protected the organization not the victim. This is a good victory for the bangladeshmksspeak blog. Some of these girls are going through terrible times, if you have time get on their facebook and wish them well, please. Please do not confuse their facebook with the bangladeshmksspeakfreely facebook, this is one for those who are saying Jay Walsh is not guilty, another whole ABWE sin saga. The bangladeshmkspeak have stopped the discussions on their blog at this time. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:16 am 

Thanks for this news, Pamela!
It keeps people going.
Into every life, a little encouragement must fall
Or THEY fall........ :(

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:07 am 

I am so glad there is a place here I can inform people about the sad sin saga of ABWE. Thanks for listening. One thing I might add is I won't give ABWE any accolades, I really think they are trying to preempt GRACE's final report which should be coming up either the end of this year or the beginning of the next. I also found out that Pennsylvania has changed their laws to the extent pedophilia has no statue of limitation. ABWE is in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Another point is that Ron Berrus had to resign as chairman of the board of ABWE because he has a sex scandal in his own church. The music ministry man who was also a teacher in their school has been fired because of inappropriate behaviour with students, the police are involved. Is this not the most disgusting news to know? What is going on in these Christian organizations and churches? I will always wonder how much would have been covered up if Ron Berrus wasn't chairman of the ABWE board which is dealing with their own sin saga. I think cover ups might be a thing of the past since this technology is around. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:27 pm 

Pamela how are things going? Do you know when the GRACE report will come out yet?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:11 pm 

Shary, From my understanding it may be the end of the year but as you would probably know GRACE does not rush things. ABWE has let Russ Ebersole and Don Davis go so that is a start for them but I am not a trusty soul anymore and I reckon it is just to preempt GRACE. This is not that I am not glad they did this. As you probably have read in my posts the Showers Simms LLP investigation covered many years and many fields and it was done in record time (I think 9 months). This is the investigation my husband is trying to get his name cleared from. They found 9 abusers but since they are dead, resigned, retired, or terminated they won't take action. However, I do know they have taken action against one man as I am working with the woman he abused, so can't figure this all out. Since my husband and I were terminated he wants his name cleared. His request was since they won't publicly name the guilty then they should name the innocent from those 4 categories. He hasn't heard except they acknowledged his email and then responded they took his email in full to the board. He can't quite figure that out as it was only 2 sentences. Full stop.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:48 pm 

http://netgrace.org/wp-content/uploads/ ... y-2013.pdf

An update from GRACE about their investigation of sexual abuse in ABWE-Bangladesh, including a description of the next stages of their work. It would be good to read this and familiarize ourselves with their plan. Is this the type of plan we could request from NTM and IHART?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:53 pm 

Absolutely Raz, No one can do it better than GRACE. I don't think ABWE has much of a chance of changing anything that GRACE deems the truth. I have said before they have already retired Russ Ebersole, the far east rep at the time, and Don Davis, ABWE's solicitor at the time. Keep in mind Don Davis is on the board of the organisation that Michael Loftis (the president of ABWE when all this started) is the head man. Repeating myself but I think ABWE is doing their best to preempt GRACE but they will fall short. Full stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:00 pm 

Another great quote on Bangladesh MKs Speak FB page:

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one.'"
— C.S. Lewis

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 31  Next