[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - ABWE

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:47 pm 

As I was reading this news about the ABWE development the radio was playing their "blast from the past" hour. Cyndi Lauper has just finished singing the song "True Colors". There is a line in it that goes "your true colors are shining through". In the song its about someone's beautiful true colors. But my point here is that the true colors of ABWE and NTM have to shine through at some point. Perhaps we have credited them with some change when in reality there has never been one iota of genuine remorse, humility, care, compassion.

Your true colors are indeed shining ABWE and everyone can see them.

Take note NTM as many around the world are watching you as well.

The truth will win - it just often takes longer than lies and fabrication.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:43 am 

My rant continues. I find it interesting that GRACE was to submit their final report by 31 March, 2013. What perfect timing for ABWE to do this. They have preempted GRACE in some decisions (which I am in total agreement with) but it makes me think they are showing contempt for GRACE. They know this will put a shadow on anything GRACE has submitted thus far. I believe ABWE wants their investigation to be in house and this is one way of getting it. ABWE cares more for their reputation than they do for sexual abuse victims. Does that surprise me? No! Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:01 am 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:02 am 

The actions we are seeing
Certainly don't match those words.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:25 pm 

I want to make myself clear about a statement I made in my rant. When I said I was in agreement with one of the preempt decisions ABWE made was the fact they put Russ Ebersole and Don Davis "out to pasture." Russ Ebersole was totally involved in how they treated the 14 year old victim of Dr. Donn William Ketcham. He is now in his 80's and has never had to answer for his involvement. Donn Davis was the solicitor for ABWE had that time. I am also waiting for ABWE to state they will have no dealings with the organisation that Russ Lloyd is involved with. I don't personally know if they do have any dealings at this point of time but I would like for them to denounce this organisation. Just wanted to clear up my wording, that's all folks. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:51 pm 

Watch this space carefully, I reckon ABWE might just regret their decision to "fire" GRACE. I have been told to keep tuned. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:09 am 

One more thing, GRACE should be sending out a report on Monday. Full stop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:18 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:30 pm 

In their statement, ABWE defines GRACE and Pii. It is VERY important to notice that there is a distinct difference in these two entities.

"Following lengthy deliberation and prayer, ABWE today replaced G.R.A.C.E.— the victims’ advocacy organization—with a new investigative firm. G.R.A.C.E. was hired by ABWE in May 2011 to independently investigate the tragic child abuse by former missionary Donn Ketcham in Bangladesh more than 20 years ago, and ABWE’s subsequent handling of the situation. ABWE board members and executives discovered that G.R.A.C.E.’s investigative process was “fatally flawed” and would not find the truth, nor advance the cause of reconciliation with the victims.

ABWE remains committed to completing an independent investigation of the situation; ensuring its past mistakes have been corrected; and to bringing, as much as humanly possible, emotional recovery and reconciliation to any individuals who have been hurt by this abuse.

To that end, ABWE has hired an independent and reputable firm, Professional Investigators International (Pii), to complete the investigation and produce a report. Pii is led by Bob Davis, a retired FBI agent, with extensive experience in child abuse investigations. ABWE has requested that G.R.A.C.E. release their records from the investigation to Pii."

GRACE = a victims' advocacy organization
Pii = an investigative firm, whose job will be to complete an investigation (i.e. gather reports and facts) and produce a report, which will be submitted to their client: ABWE

This is a critically important difference between GRACE and Pii.

This significant distinction between the two is all I am attempting to point out, at the moment.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:42 pm 

Thank you Raz for putting into words my exact thoughts. I have read all I can get my hands on about the GRACE/NTM report but I do get confused with who, what, when, why and where at times. Raz can you send your post to ABWE and to others if I get consent from them to give you their email address? Please Bemused make me a poem. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 31  Next