MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABWE
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 am 

Bemused, Your encouragement has definitely paid off. A load is lifted from my mind and heart. What is so very sad is ABWE has failed to tell the truth right up until yesterday. The man that abused the woman I have been dealing with, I will now refer to her as C.J., also abused the 14 year old girl that was abused by Dr. Donn William Ketcham. This was known by ABWE but they kept it hidden from the family. Seems Bangladesh, which was ABWE's pet field, has been a bit of a cesspool of pedophilia. The Simms Showers LLP closed investigation has supposedly found 8 more sexual abuse cases going back to the 50's but I assume in other countries. These mission agencies that have covered up and protected pedophiles needs to get out of all these countries. At least these 2 men will not be going down as heroes of the faith but shame on ABWE for the fact many girls would not have been abused had these men been stopped when ABWE knew what they were doing. Shame on ABWE. ABWE still refuses to release the names of the Simms Showers LLP closed investigation that have been found to be abusers so my husband requested ABWE clear our name of any suspicion since they will not name the 6 others that are guilty but either dead, retired, resigned or terminated. So far we have not been granted that request but knowing my husband that will not be the end of the matter. Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 am 

We Fanda Eagles participants definitely need to be following the ABWE situation closely. Here is something from the http://bangladeshmksspeak.wordpress.com website which I think needs to be repeated here.

Pay close attention to isaiah 618's comments about the Simms Showers "independent investigation" which was conducted after ABWE decided it did not want GRACE digging around for other pedophiles besides Dr Donn Ketcham.

I wonder if someday we may find we could replace the words "Simms Showers" with "IHART" and say the same thing about the investigation we are all waiting so very patiently for Pat Hendrix to complete?

(Underlining added by me, for emphasis.)

chucklestravels says:
September 1, 2012 at 4:45 pm
I heard a several months ago that ABWE had asked GRACE to preform an investigation into ABWE.

1) Was that ever true? Or was it a rumor?
2) Has GRACE completed its investigation, or did ABWE break it off with GRACE and hand it over to this Simms Group?

Please excuse my ignorance if these questions have already been answered elsewhere.
isaiah 618 says:
September 1, 2012 at 5:02 pm
GREAT questions. Thank you for bringing them up.

1. Yes, ABWE hired GRACE last summer, but only to investigate the Donn Ketcham matter. They have not allowed GRACE to be involved in any other case and we understand there are several. GRACE has been working on this for months now. They are being very thorough, not rushing.

2. GRACE is not done, but are nearing the end. I don’t know how close, I just know that many of the interviews have already been done. ABWE has not broken off with GRACE in the Donn Ketcham matter.

3. (I’ll add this.) Simms Showers was hired by ABWE earlier this year when they realized Donn Ketcham was the tip of the iceburg and that there were others. Unfortunately, the Simms Showers firm specializes in protecting non-profits best interest. They were accountable ONLY to ABWE for their findings, no one else, whereas GRACE MUST make findings public record. Simms Showers rushed their investigation, and no doubt intend to use what they know to protect ABWE against lawsuits and the like rather than using what they know to hold ABWE accountable with the public. Their investigation was completely internal and was not a true third party.

Great questions. Thank you for asking.

My fellow NTM MKs: we have a LOT to think about here! And if you want to show your support for the ABWE MKs who are working on this, I know they would appreciate that. They also have a Facebook page, which you can "like". :)
https://www.facebook.com/BangladeshMKsSpeak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:25 pm 

These same issues have been discussed here by skeptics of the IHART investigation.
So here is more info to back up these prior comments.
Unfortunately.
Hope it's not too late to be wise.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 pm 

If IHART was being run by Crossview Australia (formerly NTM Australia) you would be a fool to trust it!

If you are associated, with Crossview Austalia, you are very naive or worse.

If you are naive, pick your brains up from the altar and look long and hard at the diet of lies and coverups you are being served.

If you are involved in the lies and coverups, god help you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:43 pm 

I was interviewed by IHART last Monday regarding abuse at Vianopolis. I thought if the investigation was opened almost a year ago that I was near the end of their interviewees. The two investigators that were part of my interview were hired by IHART six months ago to help with completing all the interviews. I was surprised at how much background information they didn't already know. While they couldn't come out and tell me who they had already interviewed due to confidentiality, I gathered that I was one of the few interviewees to give first hand accounts of abuse within the Frank Parker dorm. They are following up information on other adults as well as Frank, though to my knowledge he is one for which the most internal investigations have already been done. They have been given a list (by NTM?) for people who are on a "do not call" or "do not contact" basis (or in my case contact my mother first) whom I believe are likely women who were directly victimized. I wonder who decided which of us can be contacted directly or if others have expressly asked NTM not to contact them again. Coincidentally it was 18 years ago today that Scott Ross called me out of the blue to ask me questions about my experiences with Frank. That was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back for me and I have been financially supporting mental health workers since - in exchange for keeping myself alive and for the most part functional. For those of us who have been in and out of hospitals and suicidal for years, having to go over those memories with strangers can be enough to send your life into chaos again. If they had contacted me either of the last two falls I could have done it because I was doing all I could to keep my family together and hold down a job.

Back to IHART, they are trying to balance giving people the time they need to respond (or not) and set up interviews with them with the pressure to get the information pulled together into a final report. I will be sent a draft copy of my interview to proof read and correct if necessary, but had a sense that it might be awhile before all the other interviews (victims, men on the board(s), and others who can give background information) will be finished. They did express some frustration that there have been comments on this site telling people not to interview with them and so I tried to explain where some of that mistrust was coming from (questioning why NTM had replaced GRACE with IHART).

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:46 pm 

correction above: I could not have done the interview

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:30 pm 

Thanks, Counting the Cost.
It has to be VERY difficult for you and others to go thru all this again....and again.
You gave us a picture of what your life has been like.
We can never really understand even if our own children have been abused.
But we understand enough to want to stand behind you.
It will be interesting to see how much of the report you see. Only your interview?
And how much the general public sees. Nothing?
Of course, the interviewers are going to be very nice people.
People in NTM can seem very nice to a variety of folks while they abuse some others.
We have experienced that.
The most public NTM ever got with the GRACE report was to post it on their MEMBER SITE.
Not for the general public.
Did GRACE insist on at least that?
We believe GRACE to be an org. of integrity.
We cannot say the same about NTM.
It has been brought up before this quote from the ABWE MKs that NTM may be gathering info for their court cases by doing these investigations.
To be honest, the IHART investigation has never seemed truly independent. From the NTM server glitch and onward.
Just FYI.
Yes, from a skeptic.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 am 

People are funny. If I don't believe something it must not be true, right? Seems a few are defending Jay Walsh and since he was squeaky clean around them than what others have experienced at his hands must not be true. Pedophilia is such a wicked thing, it hides so many lies, it damages so much. There is no escaping its tentacles. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:24 am 

Re the Tentacles of paedophilia. Remember the sword drills we had when we were kids and how we were "soldiers with the sword of righteousness" or something like that.
Look at your side, see the shiny sword thing. Now look at the Octopus, missing a tentacle, hmmmmm how did that happen?
May the "sword of truth" be an effective tool.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:14 pm 

Good analogy. Full stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 31  Next