MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bill Gothard
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:05 pm 

And I bet you're a nice genuine person too. None of this pretend fake stuff that rolls into church on Sunday and lives nothing like the life they rave on about the rest of the week.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:40 pm 

Thanks, Jerry B.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:18 pm 

Bill Gothard wrote:
My greatest offense has been against God. I have earnestly sought His mercy and forgiveness and have asked Him to allow me to experience more of Him and the power of His resurrection.

Sincerely,
Bill Gothard

Sorry, Bill, that just doesn't cut it. Your greatest offense was against the people, especially young women, who trusted you and worked for you. I'm asking God to allow you to experience some of the pain and suffering that they have had to deal with over many years due to your abuse, denial and rejection.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:47 pm 

Yep, that one got to me too JerryB. I think God can handle it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm 

JerryB wrote:
Bill Gothard wrote:
My greatest offense has been against God. I have earnestly sought His mercy and forgiveness and have asked Him to allow me to experience more of Him and the power of His resurrection.

Sincerely,
Bill Gothard

Sorry, Bill, that just doesn't cut it. Your greatest offense was against the people, especially young women, who trusted you and worked for you. I'm asking God to allow you to experience some of the pain and suffering that they have had to deal with over many years due to your abuse, denial and rejection.

That's just religious mumbo jumbo that sounds really good, but means absolutely nothing. Trouble is a lot of people will read that crap and think it is true repentance and that the fatted calf should be readied.
Chuck him in a cell with Scott Kennell I say!!!!! Then he can spend the rest of his life thinking about all the children he has hurt, after all many of us are spending our lives thinking about the rubbish our parents heard this clown spouting and believed it all.

True repentance will be seen when he gives up his comfortable lifestyle and donates his ill gotten gains to his victims, which is about as likely as the executive committee doing the same thing. Diddly squat chance of that happening!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:26 pm 

(Reposting here, as this is where it really belongs.)

This article came across my Facebook feed today, even though it was published almost a year ago. There are very interesting parallels to the NTM situation we are all very aware of.

Trigger warning: Descriptions of sexual, mental, and physical abuse. http://micahjmurray.com/dear-bill-gothard/

And what no one in NTM leadership seems to understand:
Quote:
You left me to spend the rest of my life walking along on a path of brokenness. The scars of abuse do not fade with the years nor do their patterns and behaviors cease even with great amounts of intention. They cripple and maim. And they do not go away.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 pm 

Wow, great article! (The trigger warning is appropriate.)

This is the sentence that jumped out at me: "I believe it takes a special kind of person to be introduced to a bona fide cult and somehow miss all the warning signs. And that was the kind of people we were."

I have been thinking about the kinds of people who came into the New Tribes training. The kinds of people who weren't "weeded out" in Boot Camp. The kinds of people who stayed in the mission for decades, often accomplishing very little.

Yes, I have been thinking about this. New Tribes said, "God can use anybody." I now believe that many of the abusive and perverted people who wounded our MKs so deeply would have never been accepted in some of the other mission agencies, or would never have stayed.

Tragically sad. Big mistake, New Tribes Mission. Big mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:27 am 

Aussie wrote:
Quote:
You left me to spend the rest of my life walking along on a path of brokenness. The scars of abuse do not fade with the years nor do their patterns and behaviors cease even with great amounts of intention. They cripple and maim. And they do not go away.

NO, NO, NO!!!!!!! This message is all wrong!!!!!!!! The only person who makes anyone stay a victim for the rest of their lives, is the abused themselves!!!!!!!! Of course the abuser doesn't care, they rarely do, but we aren't tied to our abusers, unless we let ourselves be. This is what Fanda Eagles is all about, healing ourselves!!!!!!! Finding others who have been on the same journey and helping each other.
If your scars aren't healing after many years, then for Godsake get help!!!!!!! Otherwise you will always be a victim and never become a survivor and in the end it will probably kill you!!!!!!
Come on folks, think this through. This sort of quote is total rubbish, it does a disservice to our friends who try to help us, our therapists and God!!!!!!! It is defeatist CRAP!!!!!!!!!

And reading it makes me really WILD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with your point, and that one quote, taken out of context, is rather bleak. I was just using it to illustrate the depth of the damage and pain caused by the abuse, which seems to be completely ignored by those in a position to deal with it.

I'm very glad to see the level of support and healing that goes on here, and am confident that we can overcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:48 pm 

It's not over yet.

Ten women have filed a lawsuit against Bill Gothard.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2488543

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:02 am 

I for one wish the well. This will be just the tip of the iceberg, this creep will have abused far more than will ever be made public!

And he advocated big families! How many little boys used his as a role model? Holy cow what a mess!

Next thing we will hear is that he has some terminal illness and his loyal followers will be saying leave the poor pervert alone, he is suffering! Happens over and over!

Same old song, just change the name!

Good on you Raz for bringing this to our attention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next