[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Current sexual abuse missionaries

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:18 am 

I am not sure where to post this or if it is okay to even post this. I grew up an MK and have a lot to think through and sort through about that world. It isn't a life I would wish on anyone. However, what do you do when you know of a sex offender currently on the field? If his mission is aware of his past, what more is there?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:11 am 

You've got a couple of options. If the mission concerned knows and has done nothing, then there is the authorities of the country the alledged offender is in. If the alledged offender is a U.S. citizen then ICE is your obvious choice, as they very nicely dealt with NTM's latest offender.
If the alledged offender is from Downunder, let us have a private conversation on this. Alas if they are British, good luck, the British police are useless.

Let me know if you need any assistance. One less predator in action is probably several lives that won't be ruined.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:15 am 

Several of us would be happy to give you advice on this subject, including myself. The Private Messaging option is great for information that is best kept private. We must always remember that there are many eyes reading everything we post here. 2,842,400 visits to this site so far!

Any of us who have been victims of sexual offenses, or love and support someone who has, would feel strongly that a person who has committed a sexual offense in the past is often a very unsafe person. Also, I would think most missions would have entrance requirements that would keep someone with this type of past out of their group, and if an unfit candidate has slipped in unnoticed, that would not be a good thing.

I am intrigued by your question, and also concerned. I am a strong victims' advocate, and have a great concern for sexual abuse or assault victims, or potential victims. I want people of all ages to be safe from predators, and I also hope and work for healing for those who have been victimized.

You are right, all of us who grew up as MKs have a lot to sort out. It is a journey ... more challenging for some than for others. Just know that you are not alone. We welcome you here, and would love to hear more from you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 am 

Welcome to the group kudzu. You will find encouragement here and also some info on how to follow up. Raz is correct that sometimes it is good to keep the name quiet if you think it could give the abuser an advanced notice that they might get caught. You might mention the country where he is and then those from that country could private message you and you could respond to them if you think they are trustworthy. There are a number on this site that if you read a little of the past you will realize from their posts that you can trust them. Bemused and Raz who wrote before me are trustworthy.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:35 am 

Thanks, Shary!

:)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:33 am 

Welcome, Kudzu!
Some offenders are not honest about their past.
Or their present.
But they seem so nice that everyone believes them.
And more and more children are abused.
Please do something about this matter.
You can gain much knowledge from others on this site.
AND support.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:27 pm 

I would say to keep all specific details, even the country, private at this time.

If the abuse is fairly recent, or ongoing, and some evidence can be produced, the local authorities where the abuser is currently located would be the best option. If that is not possible, then some of the other suggestions above are certainly useful.

If the mission involved knows about this and has done nothing, I would put them on notice that they have a very short time to take care of this before you go public with the details. That is inexcusable behavior in my book, and they deserve whatever shame and scorn comes as a result.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 pm 

In any case, I would strongly recommend that you get in touch with GRACE. They will be able to assist you in many ways.

If it becomes necessary to go public with this, they would certainly be the best ones to handle that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:59 pm 

GRACE is definitely a good option,as Boz has considerable experience in this type of case.

Going public is probably best done after the net has been cast and the shark caught. Then the public are best served by being told what has happened as a method of flushing out other offenders and giving confidence to others that something can effectively be done. Which is probably why ICE caught so many unaware with the Scott Kennel arrest, it was an operational matter and then put in front of the media, who did their duty and made the info avaialable to the public after the arrest.

The worry for any other offenders now is that they have no idea who will be next to be caught. A situation I don't feel any sympathy for. The Elephants in the rooms are restless, they and their keepers were warned that this would happen and it did. Justice is begining to be served and that feels very good in my book.