MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: POOGY'S CORNER
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 am 

:-@ (that is email symbol for SCREAMING) and that is what I did when i read Poogymom! Self righteous, same old story of defense against the CULT!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:37 pm 

Poogy-
After a discussion with my mom, a memory was jogged. Perhaps you were that “stateside friend” who sent the box of stuffed animals to the Aritao dorm not long after it opened in 1977. I received a pink bunny that played a lullaby when it was wound up. The gesture was nice (packages from the states had a super special status). I’m sure the Aritao dorm kids appreciated the stuffed animals at various levels, especially at night when school and play could no longer distract us from the deep loneliness and empty ache of missing our moms and dads. Since having children of my own, I’ve harbored a suspicion that “transitional objects” are a way of making the adults feel better about insisting on a (hopefully short) separation that the child is not ready for (church nursery comes to mind). In my case, the pink bunny was like a band-aid over an amputation. An object can never replace a person.
While I certainly can’t fault you for trying to help back then, your long-winded treatise on why NTM exists and your defense of boarding schools was at best ignorant and reflected “a lack of knowledge”. And rather than repeat what others have expressed so eloquently, I’ll stop here.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:15 pm 

Hugs to you AND your pink bunny, my Journeying friend!
It's good to know you're still here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:17 pm 

Thought I would say the same thing here as I did on the story blog. I would rather take my chances with my children and the tribes rather than my children and the boarding schools.