MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Current NTM Dishonesty
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:28 am 

Does anyone else have a problem with this April 15 Budik update in Senegal? "co-workers retired?" this is Ron Abram that NTM leaders told us was TERMINATED. This is DISHONEST!

Which is it - NTM? did you terminate him or did you allow him to retire? What were his supporters told? What were other NTM missionaries told? Tell us the TRUTH!

http://usa.ntm.org/field-news/budiks-learning-to-depend-on-god

Dated April 15, 2011
God is encouraging the Budik believers as they take the reins of ministry to their own people.

Ken Satorius recently made a trip to Senegal to check Bible portions and lessons he had revised or translated. “Since our co-workers retired in January, there is no longer a missionary living among them,” Ken wrote. “Although the believers were a little afraid of how it was going to go … it is a good growing experience for them as they need to rely more completely on the Lord and not man.”

Kali is teaching the believers in two villages once a week. But in one of those villages, the believers wanted a second lesson each week. So Labo, Kanar and Bigir are teaching the second time.

Kanar and Bigir are also looking into teaching the children separately from the adults. Pray for wisdom as they make arrangements for that, and adapt lessons for the younger group.

Labo is also providing medical care for the Budiks.

“This time of year there is less to be done, but in village life you are on 24 hour a day call, so you never know when someone might need your medical help,” Ken wrote. “The clinic … also serves a number of other villages in the area, so Labo's motorcycle-ambulance comes in handy when he travels to other villages to help out.”

Ken was able to check his translations and revisions during his time in Senegal. He added, “The Lord really used that trip to encourage the believers.”

“Pray for Kali, Labo, Bigir, and Kanar as they teach. Pray that their lives and ours would model Christ's love and compassion.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:44 am 

Dishonesty is such a painful thing to see.
This report is especially tragic for me to read, because it also involves precious tribal believers.
What have they learned from this situation and how it was handled?
Have they learned "shine the light of truth on the sin that so easily besets any one of us. The TRUTH will set you free!"
Or have they learned, "cover up unpleasantness, shield the guilty, try to maintain a spotless testimony, even if it hurts innocent people."
The lessons being taught here, whether consciously or not, are heart breaking to me.

I wonder what the Apostle Paul would say about this???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:59 am 

So much for teaching Church Discipline within the Church according to the Bible. They could not apply it because the ones that taught them are getting away with sin at no cost!! That does burn me up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm 

I just checked this again and I notice the one sentence was removed.

Either someone is monitoring this or someone complained. It is most unfortunate to have to monitor the honesty of a mission.

I don't know if I will ever really trusst NTM about anything.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:57 am 

Maybe Ron Abrams retired after he was terminated.....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:40 pm 

I find the termination from active membership rather confusing on the GRACE REPORT pg 60. To me a termination would mean that Ron Abrams is no longer with NTM retired or not. However the GRACE report suggests that 10% of his future income from NTM be now deducted and placed in the MK fund. In my mind how can a terminated member have income. To me the GRACE report is rather confusing on that point.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:10 pm 

I do agree that that is confusing. I think that was said of others also. strange

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 pm 
Site Admin

Termination may not necessarily mean loss of benefits such as retirement.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:21 pm 

The only retirement benefits we have heard of in NTM are:
You may stand in line to live in their retirement enclave in FL.
You may keep your NTM email address.
YAHOO. :lol:
But I am assuming that if you ask any questions, these benefits will be removed.
Not available to you.
You will REALLY be terminated.