[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - NAME THAT TUNE.....FOR TRIBERS

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:42 pm 

Bemused, Raz and Mls all that you say is very true and I need to remind myself how I felt when I
discovered Fanda Eagles. I sat stunned in front of the screen for the next 4 and a half hours unable to fully comprehend the fact that there were posts being written that depicted my history in the dorm
as an MK. For the first 2 weeks I wandered around in a daze....some sort of shell shock.....disbelief that after all these years I wasn't the only one that suffered. The next 2 weeks I wanted to crawl into
bed and stay there......stop the world I want to hop off for a while so to speak. It was a real effort to stay connected with the world around me for a couple of weeks.

I sent a message to someone on Fanda who seemed to have written my story for me.... as though they saw all that was happening in our dorm. I was terrified but that person was beautiful and their kindness has meant the world to me. Slowly I started on the journey out of the mire and being in contact with fellow eagles has really helped me to stay connected and make the journey traveled thus far.

Yes, it is a journey and we are all at different places and stages....and some days I would love still to snuggle up in bed and stay there. Wouldn't we all?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:31 pm 

1) sweet hour of prayer
2) don't rock the jukebox
3) Bubba shot the jukebox last night

53% of tribers who did boot camp at Jersey Shore said they identified more with #3

87% of tribers who did boot camp at Durant said they actually shot the jukebox

95% of tribers at NTM homes are unsure if "jukebox" is a word you can use on the internet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:28 am 

And 87% of the NTM trainees out there in Roach, MO, think you don't know how to spell "juice box".

And they've been told never to Google "Fanda Eagles". So they don't.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:23 pm 

Raz, you're on a roll..... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:12 pm 

I remember being confined to my room for weeks on end for merely being present when a child broke the rules. I remember the shame, the guilt. Going days without sleep just laying awake feeling guilty but not know what it was I did wrong. I remember us boys conspiring to murder Frank Parker our dorm dad for what he was doing to little girls. We had it all planned out. After a particular episode I wrote him a letter telling him I was going to cut his head off in his sleep if he went into a certain little girl's room again while she was dressing, and signed my name. I was 9. Lack of passion and courage has never been a problem for me... tact and wisdom... well lets keep praying.
nobikesonthesidewalk
posting.php?mode=quote&f=20&p=1047

================================================================================
What are you waiting for, tribers?
The thing with millstones....they really sink.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:47 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvF1QtgnurY

The Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir - I´m Amazed

(com legenda para porcos, bambis e santistas)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:53 am 

DDML, Sad that a 9 year old has more anger toward a pedophile than grown up missionaries. It is beyond imagination how this didn't get handled at that time. How can NTM even call themselves a Christian organization? Where is the outrage? NTM should have to close down just for what they have allowed. Missionaries serving with NTM should be ashamed of themselves for association with such an organization. I could go on forever about NTM and I wish I had some kind of power to bring this to a conclusion for the victims, it is time for NTM to make this happen. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:33 pm 

It takes a lot to excite we Europeans about the really important issues....the issues this site addresses case and point.

You know....there were many people in the Bible who expressed their anger about situations, treatment and even Gods perceived lack of interest or attention.

Mediterranean cultures still express their emotions,anger so much more openly than we Europeans. Our cultures have their origins in their roots..Australia, America, NZ..largely settled by those from the very proper, austere and even dull nations in Europe. When they added "religion" to the mix we Europeans just about about destroyed the worlds ability to smile. Sort of...if you were happy you weren't serious enough about your faith(sound familiar?)....misery personified. Give me Pauls New Testament Christians in the Mediterranean any day.

Perhaps we need a lot more passion and a lot less lip service....we Europeans are class acts when it comes to lip service.

My background...Scottish, Irish, Italian and just a touch of English to keep me getting totally out of control.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:46 pm 

:)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next