[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Communication from NTMB

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 am 

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 pm 

Gene, it seems to me that sa admitted at least to some of his acts. That would make it ok to quote or cite such acts as fact.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:58 pm 

Child sexual abuse as hideous, ugly and distressing as it is reflects a much deeper root problem and paradox in the life of individuals, organizations, communities and nations than readily meet the eye. Take for instance the nation of Israel, who in 2 Kings 17… secretly did things against the LORD their God that were not right…and sinned against the LORD their God…and did wicked things that provoked the LORD to anger… In the long list of sins mentioned in that chapter, one of the last ones listed in verse 18 was that JEHOVAH …removed them from his presence because they sacrificed their sons and daughters in the fire... The parallel to this Old Testament account and what has happened in our modern approach to missions and more specifically in NTM is very striking! What are we trying to say is this:
1. As was the downward trend with the Israelites in the days of old, so there have been secret sins committed in NTM International against the LORD their God that were not right… Things like cover-up, double standards, spiritual and emotional abuse, repression of truth, etc, etc… Just look at what Paul says about this in Romans 1:18 (Amplified Bible) For God's [holy] wrath and indignation are revealed from heaven against ALL ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who in their wickedness repress and hinder the truth and make it inoperative. We tend to think of this passage only for the heathen… but that is NOT what it is saying! It says MEN…whether Israelites or New Tribers… Sin needs to be dealt with and “nipped in the bud” or it will take one on a spiral out-of –control journey that only evokes the wrath of God!
2. When unresolved these wicked acts even if done in the name of Christ and missions, lead only to more repulsive and despicable acts like throwing innocent children in the fires of sexual, physical, spiritual and emotional abuse in the unnatural setting of boarding schools. You don’t have to read far to see that the first degree “burns” from these experiences in many are still “raw” and very painful… This will cause God to remove His presence from the “mission” or project He initially blessed so powerfully and so wonderfully!
3. NTM/MNTB you have begun a much needed purification process, but please, please, please don’t forget the first sins that no doubt allowed the latter. Let the purging and cleansing go deep—in all areas that need sanctification!! If you can’t remember some… I’m sure there are many ex-NTMers who can…

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:13 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:37 pm 

Webster’s New World Dictionary defines “few” as: not many; a small number; of scarcely any, hardly any, less, sparse, scant, scanty, thin, scattered, straggling, widely spaced, inconsiderable, negligible, infrequent, sporadic, not too many, a few, a couple of, a small number of, some, any, scarce, rare, seldom, few and far between.

I know more that that!!!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:21 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:32 am 

Edú and Sidebotham both throw my parents under the bus.

Edú was my dad's student in Peniel and Shekinah. I remember when he and Nancy were still dating in Peniel. Funny how he is so quick to rope my parents into the maelstrom. Almost has the hint of help from a couple of gringos, but I forget their names now that I am a cowardly forgiver.

You know what the confusing thing is about being a forgiver/coward/all about the cash? I have yet to see any money. New Tribes never paid my sister a dime. But I'm just another angry MK on the money train.

Did anybody get any money? We should reach out love.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:00 am 

Edú....president of New Tribes in Brazil
Remember praying for him in Gill Baxter's class. He and Onésimo and the gang...making their way up the Cuminapanema River. Looking for a tribe. Building a strong house. Then an airstrip....right in the middle of the Amazon jungle. Cutting down huge trees...just axes....then malaria would hit, and it was back to Santarem to recuperate. And I'm going to sit here whining? Why shouldn't I pray for him? For his marriage. For his kids. For his ministry. Isn't that what my Savior would do, who advocates on behalf of Edú, as we speak (I John 2). I personally don't want to face that attorney.

Would one of you "what's love got to do with it" forgiveness is for cowards outline your action plan for the next five years, and/or detail your actions up to this point. Let's get some metrics going so we can measure how effective we are.

Here is my suspicion. If we let God fight for us, the ultimate solution(s) will be much better.