MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:59 pm 

Hi everyone,
I got an e-mail from my mom today saying the field leadership had met with the via personnel to talk about all that's going on and what they are focusing on. I happen to know that Steve Armour has been reading this blog so I don't want to give away too much but I wanted to give everyone these contacts in case you want to talk to someone there. Fred Otto is going to be the East Brazil rep for a soon-coming investigation. If you want anything reported on, please contact him. Fred_Otto@ntm.org It would also be good to include the cpc@ntm.org which is the child protection committee and GRACE in your communications so that everyone gets all the information. Also, on the more legal side, Eduardo Luz and Jadiar Siqueira are the spokesmen so any legal stuff can be directed to them. eduardo_luz@mntb.org.br and jadiar_siqueira@mntb.org.br.
I, for one, do not have any hatred or vengence. I just want everyone to learn from this. I want leadership to realize the importance of putting guidelines in place so that these distructive patterns can't continue. I don't blame any one person in leadership for all that has happened. Let this be a wake-up call that we need to be wise and constantly vigilant. I really appreciate many of the men in leadership who have shown great concern and seem to want to do whatever they can to help.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 pm 

@ ornery:

Perhaps NTM North America is trying to distance themselves from the atrocities of Via, attempting to view it as a "parochial matter". This could explain why things are moving south of the equator, while south of the Mason-Dixon line seems to move a glacial pace.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:25 pm 

Survivor, or someone else - as I´ve said before, I didn´t suffer sexual abuse at Via. I saw things that made me suspect, and unlike courageous and others, I basically got off scott free in terms of retaliation for my involvement in all of that in comparison to them (except that I now realize that what I thot was paranoia in terms of wondering if I might be blacklisted by NTM could possibly be true :lol: ) Anyway, is it necessary for me to contact any of these guys? From the GRACE report, the Fanda mks were contacted - but is this something where we need to write in to them? And if so, what do I write? I´m not NTM, I don´t have any concrete - I was beaten, I was sexually abused. If it will help, I will contact them, I just don´t want to muddy and blur with lesser complaints - I could come up with those, but they really are lesser. Advice?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:45 pm 

Well, you do understand that you were the someone else, I just didn´t want you to feel obligated to respond. So, I just write them an e-mail, them all, if it´s best, an e-mail in Portuguese? asking for investigation with appropriate arguments, etc?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 pm 

And this surprises you . . . .?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:42 am 

Seriously, ornery???? When I was living in Brasil, I lived outside a city which, at that time, had over 600,000 people (that city now numbers over 2 million, I think!). Yes, in many respects, the services the city offered were VERY sub-standard as compared to the U.S., but if one ever saw the Policia Federal in action, one knew they were swift, rather severe, and not at all concerned with many procedural safeguards that we Americans take for granted. So while Brasil can be a place of jungles (and flying monkeys and wicked witches from the west), it is also a place of urban, suburban, communities. I know you know this, and likely was being facetious in your earlier post.

MNTB seems to be moving fast because they care more, are affected more, and people we mutually know are deciding to stand up and take action.

NTM Sanford . . . .despite having some very good people in member care (NOT referring to some you've named), are staffed high and low with many that appear, even now, to be concerned more with image than with substance.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:23 am 

I don´t know, OT´s married to a "native", or is it "national", isn´t that right, Mrs. OT? He might not be regulating well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:11 pm 

sunshine: I think what you experienced would be very valuable information. I think you should write up your "Via experience" and conclude with exact points of things that should have been done differently. My hope in this investigation is that leadership will see what things need to be changed and make sure that any and every situation involving MKs will be handled in the best way possible. You can even include any "symptoms" you had in your life after leaving Via that would have been a result of your time there. Be truly honest, not exaggerating but giving the facts and feelings of what you went through. What you have to say is important. Keep copies of what you send to any leadership and remember to send it to all three contacts: Fred Otto, child protection committee, and GRACE.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:26 pm 

Gotcha, already have the first draft almost done, will add that other stuff. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 am 

For there to be an open, transparent, honest and authentic investigation from the leadership of Missão Novas Tribos do Brasil, there must be a PUBLIC STATEMENT from them stating (minimum)…:

1. We are beginning an E. Brazil Vianopolis School investigation…

2. We would like YOUR input to assess how this investigation should be done with the approval of all involved…

3. We are truly SORRY for what has happened to each one reporting on this forum; we are going to investigate each
report with openness and transparency…

4. All cases of abuse will be treated with as much or more austerity as recommended in the Fanda GRACE report…

5. All corroborated cases of abuses will be reported to the proper authorities...