MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:16 pm 

thanks. i'm not new. i've been a part of this from the beginning. i just don't post very often because i want to leave the floor wide open to give anyone who desires an opportunity to share their stories in hopes of some catharsis, and i want them to feel free to spill whatever they need to - and part of that is courteously arguing back and forth if necessary. i do feel like the few who have spoken up on this site in defense of New Tribes Mission have been treated very fairly, even in the cases where they do not have all the facts. and again, as the forum rules clearly state, all opinions contained on this forum are solely the opinions of the person posting them - the fanda eagles are not an organization like NTM, we don't have an "official" response to every single post on here and can't be held responsible if someone gets their feelings hurt.

my point here is not directed toward any one person, more the people mentioned who don't post for fear of "bashing." the truth of it is that people who post because they are SURE they are right are going to take any kind of strong dissent as bashing. and if you're so sure you're right, a little perceived "bashing" shouldn't scare you off, now should it? especially the respectful kind of debate i have so far seen on here.

it is important to remember that we, the MKs of NTM, we are the experts in this matter. we know what happened, and, just as importantly, what didn't happen. everyone's opinions are valid and welcome, but just spouting bible verses or defending your own casualty-free experience with NTM isn't going to cut it in the face of what has happened and continues to happen to this very minute. and just sitting quietly at home, checking these forums 5 times a day to see what's going on while being too fearful of dissenting opinions to join in the discussion to either support us or to gently point out an opposing opinion...well, that isn't going to help the situation either. we are not afraid of you - you shouldn't be afraid of us either, or our pain, or our stories that perhaps shake up the very ground on which your life's work is based.