MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:11 am 

Something I learned in counseling which I think is so interesting is that our bodies don't lie when it comes to our memories. Like what arara azul was saying about having that dreaded feeling on Sunday night, it was linked to his memory of returning to Via. Isn't that so interesting that our bodies "feel" our memories. That's why it's so important to be aware of how our bodies feel because it could be linked to a memory that you are trying to ignore. This may be too "feeling and dramatic" for people but it's true.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:00 pm 

@ survivor: The body often manifests inner feelings, struggles, and strong inner turmoil as physical ailments. Interesting enough many Christian churches still do not see the connection between physical ailments and spiritual and emotional abuse (to say nothing of sexual!). It took years for Christian psychology to be validated. In many circles, the practice is still pilloried as unnecessary "and all you need is Jesus" attitudes still prevail . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:31 pm 

When I urged an extended family member to read up on some information about how sexual abuse affects someone, they said, "I read the Bible and that's all I need to know." Really? Like nothing else has any validity? There is so much information out there that is scientific and true. Or about physcology but it's true. There's a lot of stuff that isn't true too. But how can someone be so ignorant?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:06 pm 

"how can someone be so ignorant"??? I would suggest that if this extended family member is in NTM, the answer lies within the organization itself. It's not that much of a leap to accept as "gospel" anything the higher-ups say, when the mentality of "it's the way it's always done" reigns . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:45 pm 

Maybe we should talk about old age instead. :lol: I'm "diverting" because I'm mad. :x

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:11 pm 

@ survivor . . .I can just see your smile as you wrote that, even if underneath it lay a raging cauldron of unanswered questions, uneasy doubts, and a fomenting desire to see perpetrators led out into the light for all to see just who and what they really are . . . .

So, the topic is now aging, huh? ;) Have you discovered the Fountain of Youth, yet???

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:03 pm 

Fountain of youth- exercise, moisturizer, sunscreen, laughter, close friendships, continued growth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:21 pm 

spa day is a good day :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:28 pm 

sonnet- you're smiling. That's so nice to see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:42 pm 

thanks. I do it. not often. I'm not only mad all the time. not scared either. I smile in my shadow just nobody sees :) ;) :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next