marv_ketcham@ntm.org,
mike_sullivan@ntm.org,
ron_lindsey@ntm.org
date Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 12:34 AM
subject child abuse at Vianopolis
mailed-by gmail.com
hide details 12:34 AM (4 minutes ago)
Dear Executive Committe of New Tribes Mission,

One of you was my professor at Jackson. I played soccer against one of you at Waukesha. Another one of you has a last name that is so intertwined with New Tribes it might as well be the mission's middle name.

If you have been following the activity at fandaeagles.com, you may have become aware of the powerful surge/uptick in information regarding sexual child abuse at Vianopolis, and the actions/inactions of the mission once it became aware of such abuse.

We appreciate the fact that you are still grappling with the Fanda report, and by no means do we seek to distract you from your work in that regard. However, I would point out that the material posted at http://fandaeagles.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=20 regarding abuse at Via demands, (from my perspective as a brother, lawyer, Christian, MK, law-abiding citizen) immediate action on your part in terms of reporting these abuses and the ensuing cover-ups to the proper authorities. If you will take time to read the various posts, I have gone to great lengths to provide the contact information necessary for you to report these matters to law enforcement, whether in Seminole County or in the state of Goias.

I am not passing the baton off to you. I will continue to hold the same and plod along, doing my part to see these abuses dealt with as quickly and justly as possible. However, I cannot help but notice that with the vault of information available to you, both in your access to documents and your relative ease in contacting people with knowledge of the abuse, you are laps ahead of me. In other words, if you should reach the finish line in a few steps, why should I plod along for 5 to 10 more years? Let me define the finish line in this race as perhaps being tailored to the situation of each individual/family that has been abused. For me personally, I view myself as standing at a crime scene. You folks are the ones with the cell phone. Please call the police.

Sincerely,

Ornery Thornery

Good job, Have you heard back from them?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:48 am 

:lol: got a great laugh from this
will someone please tell me now why we all keep bending down breaking our backs for the dirt ntm keeps kicking in our faces?? I'm mad and I can be if I want. they screwed me up and this is me reacting like it!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:30 am 

sonnet wrote:
:lol: got a great laugh from this
will someone please tell me now why we all keep bending down breaking our backs for the dirt ntm keeps kicking in our faces?? I'm mad and I can be if I want. they screwed me up and this is me reacting like it!!

I wont let them kick dirt in my face or anyone that wants to speak up. The have banned me 3 times from their FB page and for no Good reason. You are free to yell to scream to say f you NTM!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:32 am 

You were banned because you go against the grain. Can't have you stirring up the pot and starting a rebellion. It's taken how many years and good disciplinary training to keep everyone in line and quiet. Why would they welcome you with open arms? If you ask me, you are just what they need...someone to "react"!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:34 am 

I was banned 2 x :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:36 am 

sonnet wrote:
I was banned 2 x :evil:

Same tactics, I have since written Larry telling him this was his first compliant against Dave Abbott.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:38 am 

:evil: :evil: abbots the devil!!! :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:52 am 

ornerythornery wrote:
I don't expect to hear back from the Executive Committee.

My e-mail to them (posted above) would be exhibit 32A out of 437 exhibits produced in discovery. It would show a jury that attempts were made to reach out to the Mission, to give them a chance (chance #1274) to do the right thing. It's important to have written proof of communications with an adverse party. They are smart to not write back because admissions of a party opponent would come into evidence under a clear exception to the hearsay rule.

Naturally, the mission would insist on producing all the material posted at this topic in order to characterize what's going on here as nothing more than the equivalent of prank calls being made by Dwight the Troubled Teen.

I don't say this to discourage gut-level posts. In the words of a great Kentuckian, sometimes you have to "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".

Seems like we both have used the same tactic. I have sent emails with the same intent .

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:01 pm 

ornerythornery wrote:
rom Elizabeth Longver <Elizabeth_Longver@dcf.state.fl.us>
to ornerymk@gmail.com
date Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:32 AM
subject Response
mailed-by dcf.state.fl.us
hide details 7:32 AM (5 hours ago)

September 28, 2010

O. Thornery
[Mail to: ornerymk@gmail.com]

Dear Mr. Thornery:

Thank you for your letter to the office of Governor Charlie Crist. Your
E-mail was forwarded to the Department of Children and Families. This
office has reviewed your letter and would like to respond by informing
you that anytime you have a concern that a child has been abuse,
neglected or abandoned, please contact the Florida Abuse Hotline at
1 800-962-2873. The Hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a
week. There are knowledgeable counselors that will assess your concerns
and determine if a report should be entered for investigations or will
provide you with the appropriate referral.

Sincerely

Walt Cook
Director, Florida Abuse Hotline

Can you please write them back and tell them that the abusers from Fanda were set to roam free because that hotline is what NTM called back in the day and no report was made. How logical of their system to deam that action does not need taken in that sort of situation.