[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - EMAILS TO THE FOURTH REICH

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:56 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:25 pm 

Hi OT,

Have you tried sending a personal message to Larry Brown? I suspect you will have better results if you were to write him under your real name and include some details about what you are referring to (for context) and what you/we would like to see happen. I think I heard somewhere that he is an MK as well, and attended Puraquequara. I suspect he would be more than willing to start a discourse with you.

I think it is quite probable, as hard as it may be to believe, that the leadership is so busy dealing with a huge influx in reports on abuse coming in to spend hours upon hours "wading" through our (many!) "anonymous" posts on the forum and responding to "anonymous" e-mails.

I'm appreciative of your efforts, don't get me wrong, and believe all the info compiled on this forum will greatly facilitate the pending investigation. However, if you are wanting a genuine, heartfelt response from a member of leadership, why not request one personally?

If you've already done this, I apologize. I suspect I am, as usual, one step (or more) behind you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:20 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:18 pm 

Just a thought about why NTM may not respond to forum posts: having a little experience in administration my guess is that NTM is choosing to not respond to any informal communication regarding this topic matter that does not follow their protocol for someone reporting a complaint or grievance because of legal concerns. Although that does sound rigid it actually serves to protect both the sender and the receiver. I believe the best way to communicate with NTM is to send a formal letter/email to Larry Brown and cc: it to Boz at GRACE. Using an alias may also be a deterrent to them responding, although I very much respect the decision and need to continue using them. I strongly encourage all MKs who have experienced any type of abuse to tell your story to Larry Brown and GRACE. At the end of this process we all want healing and resolution, even if we are still really angry, and that will require communication with NTM administration.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm 

There is a fine line between waiting for proper legal channels to be utilized and genuine response from the heart. Much of the problem lies in attempting to keep the spirit of Matthew 18 with the knowledge that much in the past was simply ignored, covered up, or manipulated to make the victim the sinner.

Having the benefit of a legal education myself, I understand that once the summons have been issued, it is awfully hard to undo the process. Yes, one can drop the lawsuit, settle out of court, and whatnot, but in this "information age", the very fact one is filed is enough. So, while not condoning past sinful actions or responses, I can also see why, apparently, it appears there is much nonchalance from NTM. I also understand why OT feels the need to "light a fire" a la Nero to NTM and its enablers, handlers, etc. I have to admit, after reading many of these stories, I don't feel the need to cut anyone in leadership much slack.

Oh, and as an aside to anonymity . . .I have to admit, I think the percentage is much higher than 80% of those who know who we, the posters, are. I mean, c'mon. . . .it doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out who we really are. Between the numerous instances where dates are given out, experiences on (and off) the "Land" are referenced, and countless "I think I know who you are" phrases are used, I'm guessing many will not be fooled by the use of "nom-de-plumes". If, as OT is fond of pointing out, there is a mole, I'm sure that mole already knows and has communicated such to his/her masters. Honestly, at this point, does it make a difference? We know who "they" are, and it is likely "they" know who we are.

Yes, "hurt-n-hopeful", they may be dealing with an avalanche of investigations and severely understaffed (which is a comment in and of itself!), GRACE may need more time to wade through the present recommendations before instigating yet another investigation. However, I would think that one or both of the entities would AT LEAST begin the process of compiling evidence, talking to the abusees, and letting people know there WILL be an investigation rather than clam up about it all citing their privileges under the Fifth Amendment (no, they haven't actually cited, but seeming inaction does warrant that impression).

On the flip-side, what CAN be done other than reporting such abuses to the proper authorities, meaning local, state, federal, or international? Can a civil lawsuit, at this time, be initiated? Would that be practicable? Would the impending threat to do so serve as an effective prod to NTM to "haul ass" and do something, anything, NOW?

Game the scenario . . . .

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:56 pm 

Well said, and have to agree with you Gene. Be careful what all you hand them, To much info could go very wrong in your favor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:14 pm 

Good to know Jesse Owens made a mockery of his re-fashioning at the 1936 Olympics!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:15 pm 

I found this on the NTM website just now. It is dated September 24th. The latest communication on the main page of the fandaeagles.com site was dated Sept. 12th, so I thought I would post it here. I've highlighted the parts that relate to us:

By Larry Brown on behalf of the NTM Executive Board:
September 24th, 2010

We want to assure you as an NTM USA Executive Board that we will not let up on urgently addressing the issues relating to the Fanda abuse or any abuse allegations that surface. We continue to work with the GRACE team to clarify and implement their recommendations. For our accountability to you, we present this summary.

GRACE's report on the incidents in the 1980s and 90s, and on NTM's response, contained:

Recommendations in regard to 20 personnel,

Seven recommendations to demonstrate repentance, and

Three recommendations related to future safeguards.

Sixteen of the personnel recommendations have been addressed and the remaining four are either waiting on GRACE to complete contacting personnel or are in process by the Executive Board. We expect to be able to complete action in regard to all 20 personnel by the end of September.

In the area GRACE defined as repentance, we have begun implementing two recommendations and made progress on the other five:

Approved the recommendation of a repentance retreat where we will personally apologize to former students. Further action is now in the hands of GRACE and the former students.

Agreed to contact former students who are unable to attend the retreat and apologize to them.

Approved establishing an MK Fund and begun work on how that will be administered. We expect to have that established by the second week of October.

Begun discussions with professional arbitrators to work out how arbitration should be handled. We expect to have that defined in mid-October.

Begun actively seeking individuals who will serve as a liaison with the former students in order to establish clear lines of communication. These appointments must be made in fellowship with GRACE and the former students. We have identified one person but additional help is needed in order do justice to this critical need.

Begun working on a process utilizing outside sources to quickly and credibly review other settings in which child abuse took place in the past.

We are open to discussing a memorial with the Fanda former students once they clarify that.

We have taken the following steps to ensure the safety of children in NTM's care:

Contracted with GRACE to review NTM's current child protection policy. This was in place before the report was written. GRACE has begun that review and expects to finish before November.

Reviewed boarding school policies to assure that NTM's current policies address the two points raised in the report -- parental choice and cautions on the suitability of boarding schools for younger students.

Contacted outside sources to formulate a plan to evaluate current leadership style. This will be a long-term project.

We'll continue to move forward and keep you updated as we make progress. Each step reminds us of how these former students have been hurt and suffered through this abuse. Our prayers and support are with them.