MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:48 am 

Let's talk about the possible fallout . . maybe your parents didn't know about it and you don't want to hurt them? Maybe they are longing to talk to you . . .maybe they have stuff to share . . .we can help you with fallout . . .just because you didn't get help then doesn't mean that now . . .a lot has changed with us, with them. In this grown up world you've had to confront many fears and figure out a lot on your own. Were sorry we weren't there for you for that . . .but you have an incredible survivor instinct that is going to kick in and fight for you. I also believe heartily that the Holy Spirit is in this endeavor, and He will lead and guide. There are many people praying for you . . . Please speak up now . . .

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:52 am 

Maybe you're waiting for someone to say something as hideous as you have to say. We can take it.

Maybe you feel your abuse was nothing compared to . . .that's ok, GRACE wants to hear it all.

Maybe you regard Via as the best times of your life, and the garden of Eden has been violated by these posts. For that I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:29 am 

1.) You pulled B.Barker's finger
2.) You put mayo on your tacos
3.) If you were a girl, you wore long pants under your skirts when the temp dipped to 65
4.) You wrote your term paper from the 1950's Encyclopedia Brittanica
5.) You looked forward every year to R.Schuring's Halloween costume.
6.) You were pissed off when the Canadians took Halloween away
7.) You envied all the non-NTM'ers that entered the scene - they seemed to have intimate relationships with their parents
8.) You hiked the Valley to escape the Land
9.) You stared at the backs of Little Dormer's heads in chapel and wondered what hells they might be living
10.) You rolled Mercury around in your hands and all over your desks in class

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:24 pm 

Funny, I remember Chris Moore inviting me to the banquet to make Kristen Key mad! :)

1. You listened to the Smothers Brothers every Saturday morning while shining the red cement floors (Thanks to Trish).

2. You were given a boy's haircut when you got lice instead of having your long hair treated and were told that the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut was 7 days! (don't know if I ever got over that trauma!).

3. You slept out under the stars in hammocks and listened to Celinda tell you the "Rindercella" story one more time! :)

4. You rushed to get the lunchroom cleaned and get to devotional time so you wouldn't get in trouble for being late (even when your parents were visiting and wouldn't leave the lunchroom so you could get your job done in time).

5. Aunt Velda taught you wonders with creating corsages and butineers (sp?).

6. You never got to shower alone. So what if it was just a one person bathroom?

7. You depended on your friends to give you love, hugs and affirmation for it didn't come from the dorm parents! I couldn't ever figure that one out. If they were supposed to be a stand in for "our parents", then why did they not hug and encourage and comfort and...

8. You sat on the wall hoping that those ball hogging men would actually select you to play on their team during the last hour of volleyball because you knew you were a good setter, but even if they did select you, they wouldn't let you play much anyway as they shoved their way into your space. *My pet peeve those years there and I wasn't that bad of a player!

9. Blair Strickland was the cutest guy on campus. Didn't all the girls in the dorm have a crush on him?

10. You played Rook every single weekend!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm 

1. You spent the better part of your weekend doing a "big clean" on your assigned work detail, only to get a bad "grade" because of the never ending dust!

2. You were one of the few kids left behind on the "Going Home Weekend." Thank heaven, I did get invited once in a while to join another friend who's family lived in Anapolis!

3. You spent your hard earned Cruzados/Cruzeiros/Reais (who could keep track) on Guarana, Bubbaloo, and occasional "American" candy bars.

4. You swung on the Tarzan branch, crossed Butter Bridge, and lived through a bee attack in the Valley.

5. You were struck by lightning, and lived to tell about it!

6. Your feet barely touched the ground- they were either propelling a bike or climbing a tree (with a white ring around it!)

7. You sat at the "stag table" if you were one of the unlucky few who did not get invited to a party!

8. You spent many Friday evenings riding back from your orthodontist appointment in the back of Miles Templeton's truck (with the Refei groceries)- eating pao de queijo with aching teeth!

9. You learned to ride a bike and crashed numerous times into brick walls or eucalyptus trees!

10. Your Math/Science education consisted of Algebra by video, Chemistry by read-the- chapter-and open-book-tests, Physics by -read- the -board -for -instructions -and- figure- it out-for- yourself-and-open-book-tests. (Okay, so that one was the 90's, sorry!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:33 pm 

I had Jeanne Hann for some of my English classes. Then, Gwen Taylor. I also credit them for how well I did in college. I got A's on all my papers!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 pm 

I loved Aunt Jean. She encouraged me so much in my writing and to this day, I love writing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:44 pm 

1. You watched "Cosby Show" reruns and thought the fashions were cool and began to emulate them only to discover you were hopelessly out of date.

2. You left your Nike high-top sneakers untied at the top

3. You raced Mark Key in the 100 meter . . .and beat him! (Sorry, Mark, had to get that out!)

4. You remember when you could walk straight through the main school building to the baseball diamond on the other side. (This was before they put in the computer/drafting room . . .what is it now?)

5. You remember when StuCo store was located in the T.I.M bldg.

6. You remember when Aunt Julie put salt in the coffee that fine morning instead of sugar!

7. You remember studying French when you were barely fluent in Portuguese (and you had to sing a song in French at the Christmas Program!)

8. You remember giving a devotional in chapel that consisted of a definition, an application, and hoped you could stretch it out enough to take up all the time allotted.

9. You remember running a race in downtown Vianopolis . . .and actually getting a prize.

10. GK was always the fastest guy in the school.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:05 pm 

Gwen Taylor was one of the very few advocates I had at Via. She was compassionate and protective of me while I was in the girls' dorm, and I thank God for her. She personally went to bat for me, and even though we didn't "win," I've never forgotten her support.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:10 pm 

A very special lady is Mrs. Taylor. I hope that she can find joy and hope despite all this . . .