[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Stay the hell off this forum . . .

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:33 am 

sorry its empathetic18@yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:53 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:10 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:50 am 

I didn´t even see conflicted´s report of the "yelling of pav", I vaguely remember being there or hearing of it. I assume the yelling at pav thing was something conflicted needed to get off his/her chest - there´s a time when even the littlest things have to get vomited, I guess. So give conflicted some breaks, that´s the way he/she had to handle it. As for Scott Weisle(sp?) I remember very clearly his public apology and wanting to stand up and clap. I also remember him having to sit on his mouth in order to not get kicked out for speaking out about so many inconsistencies (and I believe we all know that diplomacy was not Scott´s forté). Remember, he did allow us to have "From Chains to Freedom" for graduation exit march and did allow us to print that exact title on the bulletin - and kept it under wraps until it was handed out. He´s got credit coming to him.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:02 am 

Why am I not able to remember this apology from Scott Wiesel? I have no recollection of it and it seems that I would remember something so significant. And I apologize for saying that my dad never punished with kneeling on rice. I was not around when this happened to Pav. My sister told me after I had posted that I should have checked with all my brothers first before defending my dad. So I jumped the gun on that one. Sorry. Neither of my parents remembered this punishment either. I just want truth to be spoken here. Pure truth. Pav- I love you so much. I'm so proud of you. You, of all people, have so much "right" to be an angry, bitter person for the many injustices you suffered and yet you've turned into an amazing man who's gentle and who seeks after God. I admire you so much.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:21 am 

I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:45 am 

Conficted: I forgive you. We all have the potential to sin in our anger. Let's just make sure our anger is directed where it should be.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:57 am 

Survivor, Thank you so much for all of your posts!! You are so brave and my heart has ached for you. For several years I've known about how the extended family has given Steve safe haven while at the same time ostracizing your family. I am so so sorry. I know the pain of having to see the predator become the victim. My prayer is that through all of this, their eyes will be opened, and they will seek to know the truth. I love you and your sweet sister!!

Let me just respond to the comment about not remembering Scott's apology. While I remember it, there are so many things that happened that I have completely blocked out. While I remember the abuse, I have tended to forget a good part of my childhood. Probably just to cope!! I don't know if you can relate to that. So let me just assure you, that is completely normal.

And Pav, Yes, you suffered numerous injustices. Amazing to see your heart!!

Memories, you are so brave too. Please don't ever think that for one minute you are responsible for anything that happened to me or anyone else. You tried to speak and were ignored! You were a child, not the adult in charge. Thank you for being so open on this forum. YOu have encouraged me!! WE are women now and don't have to be scared anymore and because of God's grace we can move on. But I think now is the time to make sure this kind of thing never happens again. I believe that we cannot stop speaking out and we have to demand change and real action, not just words or retreats!!!

Let me just say for the record. I don't need a retreat! I do need to see that the men and women who committed crimes will be held accountable by both the mission and the law. I would like to suggest that they treat pedophiles the same way that they tended to treat missionaries with "bad attitudes". Immediately terminate them!!!! But also report them to the local authorities. I guarantee you if missionaries were held to the same standard of having to obey the law, there might have been less abuse. I lived in Africa for 2 years. Trust me you wouldn't want to spend one hour in an African jail. Just imagine if missionaries knew first hand that if abuse allegations were proven, local authorities would take over.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:36 pm 

@ Courageous:

If anyone had ever witnessed the Policia Federal in Cuiaba treat an alleged perp BEFORE taking them away, they'd also realize jail wasn't the worst of it!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:10 pm 

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next