MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Memories
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:49 pm 

Dear Memories just wanted to let you know I told my mom this morning about what happened to you she was LIVID. She sends her love to you and wanted you to know that she is praying for you- I am too Janet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:03 am 

Meeting with the investigative team tonight--dug up some old yearbooks I had been afraid to look at--lotsa, lotsa memories. You all doing all right?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 am 

I hope it goes well. My meeting is next month. Let us know how yours goes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:12 pm 

Thinking of you Allbetter. We are a day ahead on the timeline so I imagine you are still preparing yourself for tonight interveiws. I really understand the looking back at photos thing...it's tough...but you are no longer that young girl in the photos....you have come so far and achieved so much in the years since then.

Walk Tall!.......know that we are all here, from all over the world and but of one heart.

Radioshack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:08 pm 

Thanks to all of you. Still trying to process the interview. Mostly, my reactions. Their interview is a fact-finding mission. They are professionals. It's over now. What's tough is thinking you're doing so good, come so far, then you look at a couple of pictures and you're back in that world. Wish i could personally take Frank Parker to our 1200 inmate prison, and let them at him. I forgot about him wearing those shaded glasses.

Taking the yearbooks to the interview was a good move. If you want to make sure you say something, or ask a certain question, write it down before you go. My entire adolescence flashing before my eyes did not add to coherence of thought.

Good luck you all. I need to get on with this bizarre American life, and live the life I have now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:47 am 

Yes, it was a fact finding mission, but I didn't really expect it to be a counseling session, so it was a relief, in that sense. I was still emotional!

I think I only have 2 yearbooks, maybe three. I was trying to keep the years straight, as I kept referring to the GRADE I was in when this or that happened. I told them we all probably do that. The actual year didn't mean a whole lot to us, especially since each school year included part of 2 years. So, for, me, it was helpful to have a little "timeline" to refer to.

Yes, looking at yearbooks and delving into the past is always painful. Lots of memories, some good, some bad come flooding back. I just have to separate that time from my current life. So, yes, I understand the need to move forward from this experience. Still, I am thankful to everyone who is willing to contribute something to their investigation. I did not find them difficult to talk with, and Jim Richter had actually been to Via, so he understood exactly what I meant by references to different areas of the dorm or parts of the Land. I felt that was very beneficial.

I'm still processing the interview too...Glad I did it, and glad it is over. I guess that is pretty normal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 pm 

Thank you, Allbetter and Hurt-n-hopeful, for sharing your impressions and experiences about your IHART interviews. It will help others know what to expect from their interviews. Having realistic expectations is so important. And since this is a new experience for everyone, it's hard to know how to form expectations that are realistic!

Prayers and love coming your way ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:55 am 

Yes, and for the practical hints also.
Never thought about it, but of course, MKs remember back by grade and not year.
Except for their Senior Year, maybe.
Guess we all remember grade school and high school that way.
(Not to put MKs in box.)
Many prayers for those having to tell their stories again!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:35 am 

I don't like looking at childhood pictures either. I have a very different emotional reaction when I look at pictures before my 4rth grade year and pictures after my fourth grade year. My sister has put together a timeline of everything involving our abuse and our abuser. It's good to have it all down in black and white. We also got a family tree down on paper which is helpful since the abuser was a relative. I still need to write out my story before my interview in May. I'm dragging my feet on that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:52 am 

Oh those yearbooks. What is interesting about the early PNG ones is who they were dedicated to. The tradition soon established that each year book was dedicated to someone or couple who had "served" beyond the call of duty.
I can't remember all the recipients of honour while I was an MK, but the two I do remember, one was the principal who tormented me for years and another well lets just draw a discreet veil and say they got around a bit about the other.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next