MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I'm worried about you
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:46 pm 

Hi . . .this is Tracey Cullers (Miller). I was a non NTM MK who attended Via from 1985-1987. I lived in the girls dorm and was not abused. However, I heard the whispers and dark secrets of the little dorm, and only wish now that I had followed up with closer inquiry. I think it went back to a belief issue, that I didn't want to believe that it was true. I also know that the school kept us very busy . . .I didn't really think how bizarre that was until my daughter was looking in the yearbooks, and said, "what the heck is a restaurant party?" It was a lot of frantic energy. I know for sure that the little dorm was closed off to us. We were never allowed over there, and the little kids never sat with us. But anyway, what I'm worried about is all of the unsaid things on this blog. I've heard about other abusers at Via, and yet here we are only talking about Frank and Reginaldo. What about the homosexual sin? I'm hoping that those who were abused will come forward and tell all. Or if you can't, talk to one of us that can help you tell through us . . .for the last five years I've worked as a hospice RN and can say that the sooner in your life that issues are resolved, the healthier you will be . . .enough time has passed . . .you will not be judged.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 pm 

You're right. I have heard of three more perpetrators other than Frank and Reginaldo. I was not a victim of them, and am uncomfortable sharing their names here in the event that what was shared with me 2nd hand is not factual. Stories can be shared without names, what is most important is that you are not alone.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:48 pm 

Thank you to everyone who is posting . . .because of all this, a person close to me was able to tell me of an assault that happened 18 years ago. Now we can communicate on a deeper level and figure things out together . . .I'm so glad you talked, and now they talked . . .

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 10:05 pm 

Eight months later, and I'm still worried . . .you guys o.k.? I took my maternal role as one of the oldest in the dorm pretty seriously . . .do you remember when we used to go around and smell the 6th and 7th graders hair, to make sure they were showering? It took a little while for us to figure out that needed more oversight . . .anyone still need a big sister?