[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Truth vs. Rumor

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Truth vs. Rumor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:34 am 

Momof4, I groan.

Your words are great. Your 'need' to tell your story tells me that your words are meant to help the healing, whether yours or others or both.

I groan with pain for all the pain represented in this place. I cry tears for the great sin done. If face to face there would be no words. I speak them here because that is the only way to communicate my presence with you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:27 am 

I vowed to myself that I wasn't going to read anymore nor post anymore because what's the point? Life goes on.

Still somehow I was drawn back because after years people are talking.

In my interpretation of Jesus's words it is chronological children he is talking about and Jesus cared for children in a society that did not care for them. We are adults now remembering our childhoods, the evil things happened when we were children, and we remember these things, carry them with us until today.

I don't think the NTM mission will do anything until it is forced to. No more than it did anything at Fanda until it was forced to. No more than the C&MA did anything about Mamou until it was forced. Missions are corporations and are a part of Christendom. There is a huge difference between christianity and christendom. I don't think Christian attitudes should be expected from Christendom. There are too many vested interests.

Thus I think the victims should force the mission to do a GRACE report on Via to find out who all the perpetrators were, what decade these things took place in, and explain how and why the mission permitted it. Was Frank Parker the only molester? Were there others?
What about the beatings? Who did them? How? If I were asked by a neutral survey/report I could give names and objects used - belts with the buckle part, paddles, sticks "ripas". Today it's against the law to do that here in Brazil and according to the Estatuto da Criança e Adolescente the perpetrator would be arrested.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:00 am 

Dear God in Heaven!!
Courageous, your post brought back so much. I sat with you at the table, witnessed that wicked man forcing you to sit by him. I witnessed him forcing his presence all over three of my dear friends throughout a period of 3 or 4 years. It is coming back like a flood - and it makes me physically ill.

I'm praying for you & I love you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:16 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 pm 

To ornery: Please don't give churrascarias a bad name! I'm thinking more of a fiery furnace venue.

To courageous: you are loved & prayed for, more than you know! And I am ANGRY AND OUTRAGED at what you had to endure!!!!! We will all have to carry the scars, emotional and physical for the rest of our lives. Praise God, though, for the healing you've been able to accomplish with God's help! Thank you for once again, telling your story. Thank you for being filled with courage and not afraid because your Abba Father truly goes with you wherever you go!

Is anyone else as pissed off as I am about what happened to our siblings and friends???!!!!!!!!! Vigilantism never did appeal to me until now. With all due respect to a favorite historical figure of mine, I'm not against sharing malice with a few!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:33 pm 

Ornery: Has there been any movement towards investigating abuses that happened at Via, beyond what was shared by "Courageous". There seems to be much else out there that occurred at that school. I've heard GRACE has been sent some things, but it would be nice to know if they are actually looking into actual and alleged abuses that happened at Via.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:31 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 pm 

Courageous, I'm honored to have known you, even more so now your true strength is visible to us all. I'm crying here reading your post and the post of others who are now sharing, crying knowing that "the light is finally shinning in the darkness" and feeling your release of a burden that you carried alone for a long time. May you be free and be free indeed.
I'm also honored to have know the one who is expressing righteous anger - you guys are true heroes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:06 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:22 pm 

Ornery:

Thanks for the update as to the emails you've sent out. Feel free to get in contact with me at happyfew1975@hotmail.com.

Thank you for your courage and persistence!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next