MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crime and Punishment
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:37 pm 

publius wrote:
Ornery: Thanks for your story. I long suspected I knew you and you know who I am. I was one of the students to whom you taught Algebra (or was it Geometry?) when you were spending a hiatus in Brasil.

I also knew firsthand of your caring and compassionate nature because I will never forget a night when I woke up feeling nauseous and did not make it to the boy's dorm bathroom in time. The screen door of my room was littered with, shall we say, debris. After returning from the bathroom with the intention of cleaning up my screen door, you appeared and graciously volunteered to clean it up and told me to go back to bed. I don't know if you remember this episode or not, but I do.

Like you, I also attended law school. There's one connection. My mother also grew up with your mother in the hills of Kentucky. Another connection.

From the above, let me just say that while I cannot empathize with the pain and ostracization you and yours had to undergo, because I know you and your family, the pain does, indeed, cut deep and I pray for all concerned daily.

Previously, I posted under another alias, but thought if I posted anything more under that alias in response to other's posts, I might give away an identity they wished to protect. In any event, after your most recent posts, I wanted to let you know I pray for you and stand with you and yours . . .always.

Your friend,

Publius

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:41 pm 

Nobikesonthesidewalk! wrote:
I've been reading... just now writing and seriously impressed by how many varieties of smile-y faces are at your disposal to the left.
I remember being confined to my room for weeks on end for merely being present when a child broke the rules. I remember the shame, the guilt. Going days without sleep just laying awake feeling guilty but not know what it was I did wrong. I remember us boys conspiring to murder Frank Parker our dorm dad for what he was doing to little girls. We had it all planned out. After a particular episode I wrote him a letter telling him I was going to cut his head off in his sleep if he went into a certain little girl's room again while she was dressing, and signed my name. I was 9. Lack of passion and courage has never been a problem for me... tact and wisdom... well lets keep praying.
Man... I'm just logging in to say with a ship anchor for a lump in my throat, and a hoover dam worth of tears just behind my eyes... I am so sorry for the pain and grief you and your beautiful family has experienced.

PS. Our caravan was better than your opala cause it had a backintheback.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:42 pm 

Demostenes Dalai Mud Lama wrote:
Nobikesonthesidewalk! wrote:
I've been reading... just now writing and seriously impressed by how many varieties of smile-y faces are at your disposal to the left.
I remember being confined to my room for weeks on end for merely being present when a child broke the rules. I remember the shame, the guilt. Going days without sleep just laying awake feeling guilty but not know what it was I did wrong. I remember us boys conspiring to murder Frank Parker our dorm dad for what he was doing to little girls. We had it all planned out. After a particular episode I wrote him a letter telling him I was going to cut his head off in his sleep if he went into a certain little girl's room again while she was dressing, and signed my name. I was 9.

PS. Our caravan was better than your opala cause it had a backintheback.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:43 pm 

I remember us boys conspiring to murder Frank Parker our dorm dad for what he was doing to little girls. We had it all planned out. After a particular episode I wrote him a letter telling him I was going to cut his head off in his sleep if he went into a certain little girl's room again while she was dressing, and signed my name. I was 9.
Nobikes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:44 pm 

Demos, I miss your Via friends ....

Where did they all disappear to?

Why are you the only one here now?

:(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:56 am 

Raz wrote:
Demos, I miss your Via friends ....

Where did they all disappear to?

Why are you the only one here now?

:(

a) they grew tired of putting up with me;
b) they've moved on;
c) wading in the sewer for more than a few minutes isn't much fun;
d) if you focus on the negatives in life, you become more negative;
e) Jeff Taylor will bite your head off if you start to act like grace and mercy have any place in this conversation;
f) blood is thicker than water;
g) Jeff Taylor will bite your head off if you start to defend New Tribes or its fifth cousin twice removed;
h) Jeff Taylor can defend New Tribes, or extend an olive branch, or say nice things about some tribers.....and then.....after a neighbor looks at him funny, he withdraws to his nuclear bunker, and draws up plans to destroy New Tribes' headquarters....all of this makes former Via students nervous, since they are concerned they or their parents might be included in the plans...so they maintain a distance.....a safe distance.
i) spending hours and hours posting anonymously, with no apparent, tangible results causes rational human beings to spend time doing something else

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:14 am 

Sounds about right.

(That Jeff Taylor must be one mean dude.)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 am 

So sweet to miss us!!! Was actually just talking to my mom about the therapeutic power of journaling . . .and thought of you all! It is kind of like journaling, no?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:14 pm 

Yes, I think for many this has been a very therapeutic place. As long as one understands that everything written here can be seen by anyone at any time. There is a shared commonality and community here. I hope it has been helpful and healing.

I do miss the names and personalities of people who have come and gone here. Each one holds a place in my heart. My hope is that everyone is doing well and making progress in their journey. I know that for some, moving forward does mean not dwelling on the past. For me personally, I have not yet been told it is time to move away from this place. And so I stay. And write. And listen.

With much love in my heart for my fellow MKs, and for those who love and support them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:02 pm 

Raz wrote:
Sounds about right.

(That Jeff Taylor must be one mean dude.)

Foi um grande prazer! Tudo de bom.
Desculpe qualquer coisa. Quis somar, não atrapalhar. 4,500 posts for diddly squat. You win, Larry. You win, Messrs. Ross & Doyle.
You guys have a good time in heaven. It is time to check out of Hotel California.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next