MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crime and Punishment
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:10 pm 

Nobikesonthesidewalk! wrote:
Re: previous post. To muse and perhaps clarify a couple of things.
1. I struggle with the riddle found in this forum. I probably won't solve it, but mowing the lawn today, a sleepless night last night, and a front porch swing brought on some thoughts. It is the fine line between justice and vengeance. A line I may have stepped over. For this I apologize. I was unable to edit that post. It is right for us to seek justice. To act justly. To love justice, for God does. It is right for us to love mercy. To seek mercy. I don't mean for those who act in unrighteousness, but for those who are oppressed or have been oppressed. I am with mr. Thornery in his desire to seek justice. I was wanting to show mercy to all those who have been sinned against. In the process, in my weak fleshly heart, a sneaky thing creeps in that takes the Godly virtue- justice- and intertwines vengeance. I probably had no right bringing a name into a forum who has already been brought to full justice. (Bringing up a name of a perpetrator who has faced the Lord himself). Vengeance is His. He will repay. To all let me just say I believe I crossed the line. Stinks that 989 people already read it and I am not technologically savvy enough to remove it before the next 989.
2. It is a crazy thing how sin scars. When we sin and when we are sinned against... it hurts. it leaves scars. Uncovering sin before the Lord is the most healing thing there is. Please all who post, and all who read. Let us be faithful in prayer. James instructs us to confess sin one to another, and pray for each other, that we may be healed. This sin was committed, and covered over in secrecy and lies. As we uncover it, let us commit to pray for each person in our memory.
3. In my story, I in no way glory in my shameful angry outrage. I indeed struggled with rage and temper for years. The Lord has brought healing and peace to my soul. Sin incites sin.

4. I love you all. Many of you are like brothers and sisters to me. Wish we could all just go rollerskating one more time on the sidewalk behind the school.

5. This world is broken. it is under a curse. This isn't the way it is suppose to be. In the deepest part of our soul... we feel it. Every broken romance reminds us or our bridegroom who will love us perfectly. Every treasured memory, glimpse of beauty pictures for us our permanent home. And every father figure will disappoint because we long for our perfect father- Who will comfort us and take us home. We don't belong here.

6. Sorry I get preachy...

Good night.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:25 pm 

I wish I knew him.
Or could know him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:31 pm 

Denise wrote:
I am hesitant to say, only because it would require me to assume and prejudge NTM members. If push came to shove though I would say you are correct in a majority. I say that because some of our friends on the field got onto my mom when she was posting things on Facebook, like the GRACE report. Their words were something like, "Oh, ___, do you really think you should be posting that on Facebook for everyone to see" Comments like that make me mad and show me that they are more interested in getting this all taken care of "under the table" and out of the eyes of the public. We still are not supposed to have a voice because it may hurt their support and their image. I told one of my friends that the Red Barron sounded too much like an actual NTMer to simply be a suporter of them. He sounds as if he was indoctrinated the same way they/we all were.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:50 pm 

Demostenes Dalai Mud Lama wrote:
Nobikesonthesidewalk! wrote:
Re: previous post. To muse and perhaps clarify a couple of things.
1. I struggle with the riddle found in this forum. I probably won't solve it, but mowing the lawn today, a sleepless night last night, and a front porch swing brought on some thoughts. It is the fine line between justice and vengeance. A line I may have stepped over. For this I apologize. I was unable to edit that post. It is right for us to seek justice. To act justly. To love justice, for God does. It is right for us to love mercy. To seek mercy. I don't mean for those who act in unrighteousness, but for those who are oppressed or have been oppressed. I am with mr. Thornery in his desire to seek justice. I was wanting to show mercy to all those who have been sinned against. In the process, in my weak fleshly heart, a sneaky thing creeps in that takes the Godly virtue- justice- and intertwines vengeance. I probably had no right bringing a name into a forum who has already been brought to full justice. (Bringing up a name of a perpetrator who has faced the Lord himself). Vengeance is His. He will repay. To all let me just say I believe I crossed the line. Stinks that 989 people already read it and I am not technologically savvy enough to remove it before the next 989.
2. It is a crazy thing how sin scars. When we sin and when we are sinned against... it hurts. it leaves scars. Uncovering sin before the Lord is the most healing thing there is. Please all who post, and all who read. Let us be faithful in prayer. James instructs us to confess sin one to another, and pray for each other, that we may be healed. This sin was committed, and covered over in secrecy and lies. As we uncover it, let us commit to pray for each person in our memory.
3. In my story, I in no way glory in my shameful angry outrage. I indeed struggled with rage and temper for years. The Lord has brought healing and peace to my soul. Sin incites sin.

4. I love you all. Many of you are like brothers and sisters to me. Wish we could all just go rollerskating one more time on the sidewalk behind the school.

5. This world is broken. it is under a curse. This isn't the way it is suppose to be. In the deepest part of our soul... we feel it. Every broken romance reminds us or our bridegroom who will love us perfectly. Every treasured memory, glimpse of beauty pictures for us our permanent home. And every father figure will disappoint because we long for our perfect father- Who will comfort us and take us home. We don't belong here.

6. Sorry I get preachy...

Good night.

This is the post that I need to keep coming back to. Nobikesonthesidewalk, always calm, always kind. I think he lives near a 100-year-old South Dakotan who lives in southern General Mines, not far from Fine Gold. When Nobikes was little, his dad who worked with my dad, would turn on the radio:
Papa Tango Nine Zulu Alpha Mike
And way up there near the manga tree, 1200 km away, Klarden would respond, Papa Papa Two Zulu Bravo November
Then, our precious moments of interaction would begin.

Hi. We're fine. Over.
What? Over.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:48 am 

:D
Memories.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:37 pm 

Here's another story that once again sounds all too familiar:

https://homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2015/09/08/the-jamin-c-wight-story-the-other-child-molester-in-doug-wilsons-closet/

Read the entire article (if you can), but I'll just quote the victim's summary:

Quote:
I think this might be the part where I say – I told you so. And not to the innocent individuals who trusted and were consequently in a position to be harmed by the criminal, but to those who I so desperately reached out to, those who I begged to protect others from the horrors I suffered, those who told me it was my fault for not saying no, or my father’s fault for not knowing better, or my mother’s fault for not teaching me to be more ladylike. To those who wrote letters to the judge presiding over the case heralding the character of the criminal and requesting leniency in the sentencing, to those who wrote letters on behalf of the criminal and in them criminalized a young girl, to those who welcomed the criminal back into society whilst shunning and scorning the victim, to those who found it more convenient to close their eyes to something they did not want to see rather than face the truth and take a stand, the sad fact of the matter is that you, each of you, perpetuated abuse.
[emphasis mine]

Are you listening, NTM?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 am 

Bemused, what's your take on the new Australian PM
As regards the investigation going on into child abuse?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:02 am 

There shouldn't be any change in direction with the inquiry, as it is well underway and now has it's own momentum. Tony Abbott did an excellent job in getting the Commission of Inquiry going, unfortunately as does happen in Downunder politics, leaders can be changed by their own party.
I'm not familiar with the new Australian Prime Minister, it's hard enough trying to figure out what is going on in Kiwiland politics.

Tony Abbott is married to a Kiwi. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:44 pm 

How did Tony Abbott manage THAT? :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:45 pm 

He must have paid a HUGE bride price.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next