[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Crime and Punishment

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crime and Punishment
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm 

Many interesting observations, OT.
And a very sad commentary too.
BTW Priesses are only the tip of the iceberg. And those cases will never be investigated because it is not a crime to abuse your employees and throw them out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 am 

ALL YOUR STATEMENTS ARE VERY IMPORTANT.
THIS ONE WOULD BE VERY GOOD IF IMPLEMENTED:

It would be easier if Larry Brown just started firing people right and left (all current and past members of all field committees....outa here; all current and past members of the Executive Politburo....gone, Larry included).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:03 am 

Did GRACE investigators work full-time in other jobs, or was investigating their full time job? I really wish GRACE were handling our school's investigation. Seems like it would make sense, given they already "get" the NTM culture. Pretty sure they wouldn't have to visit VIA to get a "feel" for the layout. Aren't all the schools basically the same?

REALLY anxious to see the report when it comes out...hopefully this year!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:46 pm 

I'd be happy to be corrected on this and find out I'm wrong, but as far as I've been able to determine, the only "report when it comes out" -- when all is said and done and the IHART investigation of Vianopolis has played itself out to an end -- will be a report that will be posted on the NTM website.

As far as I can tell, that is what we, the public, will get to see. A report that will be on NTM's official website. I wouldn't expect anything posted there to be very specific.

If you who participated in the investigation expect more than that when this is over, I think NOW is the time to speak up, and speak out! LOUDLY!

Tell NTM what YOU want to see in the end! You are very invested in this. You should be able to ask for what you need from NTM.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:56 pm 

There is a saying, "You get what you pay for".
As for IHART, who is paying and who is getting?
Why isn't some of the taxpayers money being used to sort some of these paedophiles out. After all it's the taxpayer who pays for the law enforcers.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:01 pm 

Just got a letter from IHART today (via e-mail) asking me for a personal interview. I wrote to them in early January, I believe. If it is any consolation, I didn't know that what I had to share was enough to warrant a personal interview. I think they are doing the best they can, but things are taking longer (perhaps due to many of us not writing in until what was supposed to be the "wrap up" deadline) than expected.

And Iron-man, my days are not particularly happy, especially in regards to the past, present or future state of NTM and the abuse suffered by those I love dearly!! I don't think there is much hope for that organization, nor can I say I particularly care what happens to it. It would be better for everyone if it were to cease to exist! However, because Via is the first school to be investigated by IHART, and because so many of those involved have refused to participate in the investigation (or even acknowledge a problem), the outcome remains to be seen. For that reason, I will whole-heartedly participate, and I urge others to do the same. If you have something to say, say it now. You can't blame IHART for not disclosing information they were not made aware of! Whether NTM participates without restraint or not (guess which one!), there should be enough evidence provided by those who attended their schools, those who witnessed abuse, to give pause to any lingering questions of NTM integrity!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm 

Actually, I just looked back at my records, and my statement was sent to them in November. They did acknowledge receipt, at that point, and said they might be contacting me at a later date, if necessary. Just goes to prove that the smallest tid-bit of information can sometimes help "connect the dots" for them. I urge everyone to write WHAT they know, even if it seems insignificant.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:27 pm 

h-n-h: So glad you told your story and that you'll be interviewed. I agree, we need to be willing to share our stories for the investigative team. If we don't try to help them, we can't really complain about the outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:37 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next