MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crime and Punishment
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:44 am 

VIANOPOLIS STATUS REPORT
August 24, 2011
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Following a few glitches at the beginning of the investigation, it now proceeds at a reasonable pace.
I have established communication with fifteen (15) individuals (MK’s) who have expressed a desire to discuss their experiences while attending the NTM Boarding School at Vianopolis, Brazil from 1985 – 1999. Information provided concerns what these individuals believe to have been abuse by teachers and staff during that time period.

Presently, two (2) individuals have been personally interviewed. During those interviews, each provided information concerning additional victims and perpetrators of what they believed to be abuse. As a result of those interviews, they have communicated the seriousness and sensitivity with which the interviews were conducted, as well as the integrity of the investigative team to others, resulting in an expansion of the investigation. Interviews of six (6) other victims are scheduled following the completion and submission of their written testimonies (a term they use to refer to their statements). Additionally, following communication with several victims, a direct email to each student, for whom email addresses are available, is being prepared to solicit any information they wish to share, or they believe may be of significance to the investigative process.

As a result of the communication with the aforementioned individuals, the list of alleged abusers, and/or their participation in what is believed to be abusive behavior, has also grown. Information pertaining to several individuals was recently received and requires review. A strategy to interview, or attempt to interview, those alleged to have engaged in, or have knowledge of, abusive behavior is scheduled for early September (week of September 6 – 14, 2011).

Concurrent to these interviews, are those of NTM Leadership, at the school, on the field, and at NTM Headquarters. As information is developed and processed, those interviews will be conducted. To date only two members of NTM Leadership have been contacted/interviewed. Others will be contacted shortly.

Of great significance and value to the investigation was the recent visit to Brazil (September 18 -22, 2011). Six individuals were interviewed as to their personal knowledge and recollection of individuals and events during the period in question. Additionally, significant records and information was secured which requires review. Also significant was a visit to the school itself.

The visit to the school provides a visual depiction of property and facilities providing an understanding and insight of facilities as described by victims. Photographs taken may also be useful in helping to determine “intent” when individuals were taken to various locations within the “little dorm” or other locations for discipline and/or other activities. They will also aid in the visualization of the close proximity of the “little dorm” to the dining hall, girl’s dorm, boy’s dorm, school, and other facilities within the property.

Information contained in this status report is general in nature. Specific information pertaining to victims and perpetrators is available on request. Victim interviews will be conducted as they are willing to discuss their experiences in person, following a submission of their testimonies. Interviews of perpetrators, and/or those who had knowledge of them, will be conducted when and if they are available for interviews. Interviews of NTM Leadership will also be conducted as warranted upon receipt, coordination, and consolidation of information.

Additional inquires may be directed to me at rramirez@send.org.

Richard J. Ramirez
Director of Corporate Security
SEND International
36210 Freedom Road
Farmington, MI 48335
248-477-4210 x 111

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:57 pm 

Pat's correction: The trip to Brazil was Aug 18-22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm 

I took the liberty of starting a new thread, "Investigation Updates." That way, we can all "converse" in one place.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:14 pm 

I'm getting so sick of hearing people making comments about how Paterno's whole career is tarnished by PSUs decision to fire him. It remains to be seen how culpable he is, but I know one thing to be true- reporting the allegations to Penn State authorities was not going far enough!

The scenario is all too familiar. Save face. Deal with this internally. Cover up. Meanwhile, the abuse continued, and the victims increased in number. Sad! So sad!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 am 

When I first started on Fanda Eagles, I was primarily interested in finding one person. It took me about 6 hours. Now considering I live at the bottom of the world, am not a private investigator or member of any security service and there is the difference in time zones, it ain't that hard to find someone who isn't hiding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 am 

Mitt Linsanity, do you know what the status is of the IHART investigation of Vianopolis? I have not heard whether IHART has finally concluded their interviews of those connected with that school, whether they have put together their report, or whether a recommendations team has been assembled to go over the report and give recommendations to NTM.

I believe this is the way we were told the process was to go.

NTM, you don't have much time left to prove your sincerity regarding these "independent" investigations of historical abuse within your ranks. We need to see some evidence of some action. Investigative interviews have begun with victims from Panama and Bolivia. Exactly what progress can you show us that will give us any sort of confidence in the integrity of your investigation process?

You know, I might hit my forehead against a thin glass box a few times if I could see there was a million dollars inside.

But I would NOT hit my head against a solid rock, uselessly, of my own volition.

Do not expect me to participate, NTM, if there is no pay-off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 am 

As far as the Via investigation goes, I will be interviewing with Rich next month. My sister spoke with him a month or two ago. I am not sure how much longer it will take although I hope to find that out when I talk with Rich. From what I understand, this Via investigation isn't the only thing "on his plate." He travels a lot for his work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:51 am 

Thanks so much, Survivor, for this update. Wow, I had no idea interviews are still being scheduled and not even done yet.

I am serious about the fact that the rest of us are watching how the IHART process is going with the Via MKs, as a gauge of what we might expect, should we chose to participate in our as-yet-to-be-started investigations.

If you have to wait a year for your steak to be served, I don't know that I'm interested in even walking into that restaurant.

New Tribes Mission: are you listening???

I don't think there's a Monitor Person in Sanford anymore.

Silence.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:41 pm 

I suspect, judging from several people whom I know did just this, many may have waited until close to the "end" date for the investigation (end of 2011) to write in to I-HART. This may delay the process for them, as they will need to follow up on each report and continue the investigation. I don't suppose any of this would be easy for an "outsider" to handle, especially considering most of us are spread throughout the United States and around the world. I agree that it may seem easy for us, who know each other, to find contact information, but since we have agreed not to disclose addresses, etc. without permission, this could delay the process some, especially with those whose names have changed (due to marriage).

Not excusing, but I think it may be harder to do their job than we realize!!

Also, they have started investigations into other schools. I remember reading that, but I can't remember where I saw it. So, they have simultaneous investigations going on. If they are to be as thorough as GRACE (how long did they take to investigate Fanda, anyway?), this could take a LONG time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:14 pm 

Only a year for GRACE.
And VERY thorough.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next