[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Crime and Punishment

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crime and Punishment
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:29 pm 

Nobikesonthesidewalk! (great pseudoname!!)

It takes courage to do what you just did- to write instead of just read, to find a voice, even when you aren't sure what it is you want to say!

There is more to this story...I can feel it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:48 pm 

I grew up in Brasil all my life except 2 furloughs. Yes I was in the dorm. It is hard to see everyone hurting but their is so much hate for the mission and that makes me sad. I would not change growing up in brasil for anything. I am sorry for the ones who got hurt I knew them, but I ask all of you to pray that God would be in all of this and and that He would heal the hurt and He would show us what He wants us to learn from all of this. God is here for all of us. God please help us all.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:06 pm 

As an "outsider", except for a very, very, very, very few- and not even from this forum necessarily, I am not seeing ANY hate from anyone re: NTM.

What I am seeing is anger that is rightly so and courage to speak out even when these victims know they are going to be blasted by some, and most importantly, the desire to expose not only sin, but criminal activity. That's what it is.

It is extremely difficult and maybe even impossible to rehabilitate a sex offender. Does that mean I don't think God can save them?? No. Does it mean that I should be stupid enough to let them 'try again?' No on your life. I don't see any of this as hate but rather, people wanting to see criminals brought to justice and wanting to protect countless other little children whose parent do not know these pedophiles are still at loose.

The LAW requires these people be reported and then, to report. There is a reason for that. I see no biblical basis for not prosecuting someone who has committed and, unless being held accountable is probably STILL committing, these horrible things against children.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:35 pm 

Re: previous post. To muse and perhaps clarify a couple of things.
1. I struggle with the riddle found in this forum. I probably won't solve it, but mowing the lawn today, a sleepless night last night, and a front porch swing brought on some thoughts. It is the fine line between justice and vengeance. A line I may have stepped over. For this I apologize. I was unable to edit that post. It is right for us to seek justice. To act justly. To love justice, for God does. It is right for us to love mercy. To seek mercy. I don't mean for those who act in unrighteousness, but for those who are oppressed or have been oppressed. I am with mr. Thornery in his desire to seek justice. I was wanting to show mercy to all those who have been sinned against. In the process, in my weak fleshly heart, a sneaky thing creeps in that takes the Godly virtue- justice- and intertwines vengeance. I probably had no right bringing a name into a forum who has already been brought to full justice. (Bringing up a name of a perpetrator who has faced the Lord himself). Vengeance is His. He will repay. To all let me just say I believe I crossed the line. Stinks that 989 people already read it and I am not technologically savvy enough to remove it before the next 989.
2. It is a crazy thing how sin scars. When we sin and when we are sinned against... it hurts. it leaves scars. Uncovering sin before the Lord is the most healing thing there is. Please all who post, and all who read. Let us be faithful in prayer. James instructs us to confess sin one to another, and pray for each other, that we may be healed. This sin was committed, and covered over in secrecy and lies. As we uncover it, let us commit to pray for each person in our memory.
3. In my story, I in no way glory in my shameful angry outrage. I indeed struggled with rage and temper for years. The Lord has brought healing and peace to my soul. Sin incites sin.

4. I love you all. Many of you are like brothers and sisters to me. Wish we could all just go rollerskating one more time on the sidewalk behind the school.

5. This world is broken. it is under a curse. This isn't the way it is suppose to be. In the deepest part of our soul... we feel it. Every broken romance reminds us or our bridegroom who will love us perfectly. Every treasured memory, glimpse of beauty pictures for us our permanent home. And every father figure will disappoint because we long for our perfect father- Who will comfort us and take us home. We don't belong here.

6. Sorry I get preachy...

Good night.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 pm 

I’m an MK from another mission and I am horrified, not by the fact that some missionaries were sexual predators but that your mission leaders did not move overnight to remove them. How dare they! How dare they!!! God will judge them. When such a man was found in our mission, the family was sent home immediately. He went to work at a college and the mission execs called the college and warned them to keep him away from students. Also the family who had children involved received counseling at the expense of the mission. That is as it should be! More could have, and maybe should have, been done but at least they did that.

If Grace is not able to move quickly enough to help y’all right away, maybe you can act. I don’t know if this will help but my brother counsels sex offenders who are one step from jail. He might be able to give you advice that will help you, the victims and the people who love the victims, put the evil man in jail. Grace would be able to give you the same advice and they know the situation. Why wait for a report or for someone else to act. You know what you know. There is enough evidence about these evil people. Go get them.

Remember that now we are the adults, the authority people. We can act against the sexual predator ourselves. We are no longer impotent children. We no longer have to wait for a report. We no longer have to put up with waiting until the mission administration act. Bring the evil man to court and get him off the streets where he can harm others! If not us, than who?

Your idea of emailing all and sundry about this man is a good one. Evil flourishes in the dark. Expose the evil person and embarrass him and the mission. They allowed evil to flourish. But don’t expect other people to act. The mission has apparently stonewalled for many years. They may now - but now you have the internet to spread that information.

However, again I ask, why should you wait for the mission to take action against the sexual predator? That is being the abused child in the face of evil. You are no longer that child. Why let the evil man get away with it? Act yourself. Go get him!

Anyone who wishes to email me privately is welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:29 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:52 pm 

mr. long.
Thanks for your perspective. Although I applaud your use of the word cursory, I think I could build an argument (please don't though... I swear I won't respond ;) ) there is a difference between Justice and Revenge. It is true in the Old Testament there were other legal arrangements which called for justice to be found in form of revenge. However, if one was to take more than a perfunctory look the Scripture I believe the nuance would largely lay in motivation. That aside, after I wrote my original post, the Spirit within me bristled. No argument in the world could salve that conviction. For this reason, I made my corrective statements casting judgement on no one else but myself. I simply publicly corrected myself, since I had publicly misspoke. In his case, justice has been satisfied, so my inclusion of his name (though technically permissible if you really have to go there) was motivated by spike and leftover bitterness.- of which His spirit wants nothing to do with. Furthermore, his kids, his grandkids are probably all reading this forum and I grieve for them. Although necessary and appropriate in some contexts, in my post it was not.

In the case of other perpetrators, I believe seeking justice for crimes committed is the right thing to do, and should be done. As difficult as it may be. Scriptures teach us “acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent-the Lord detests them both” Prov 17.15 that is reason for outcry. I praying for grace to forgive sin, mercy for those sinned against and justice to be administered against crimes committed and the criminals who committed.
As far as the mission is concerned, it is their moment. It is a crucial moment. Action on the part of key leaders is absolutely necessary. There are hundreds of awesome NTM employees doing great work. I believe in what they are doing, and I don't want to see them hindered by their leaders.

Again.. good grief I get so preachy! Sorry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:13 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:16 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next