[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - I long to talk...

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: I long to talk...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:44 am 

@ Ornerythornery

There was a statement in writing that they were going to communicate this to his mission. The best way to know for sure if this was in fact sent, is email them: mntb@mntb.org.br or call: (62) 3318-1234 and ask them to send you proof that such a communiqué was written. This would answer your first four questions. I think a courteous well written letter or phone call letting them know of your concern and frustration would go a long way…

I was implying that the evidence on the blog is that he attacked only girls… but as I said that part really didn’t seem relevant…

Jovem: That is a nice definition out of a dictionary… In evangelical circles "jovem" means ages 18-30…

Concerning your last two questions…I don’t know.

My brother, I hear your heart and feel your pain. I am truly sorry… We resigned from NTM before all this that is happening came about… and I guarantee you that if we hadn’t resigned from the mission before this, they would already done so… because I don’t like the way things have been or are being handled…

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:29 am 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 am 

I have been reading this panel and I feel like an MK again. I say again because in my mind I had left that weird world behind ages ago, but now it's back. When I was a teenager I was considered rebellious and I'm glad I was because it made me reject evil covered up with religious talk. I was a very angry teenager but that got me going out of the morass. One thing I always asked was why did MKs have to be the cannon fodder of the Kingdom? Why were our lives expendible in order to save little Rawalpindi or whoever? The type of discourse that was used at Mamou and is documented in the film All God's Children was common when I was growing up. According to the system, the only thing that mattered was furthering the Kingdom, the children of the missionaries be damned. As well, I learned that missions are corporations and the corporation must go on, no matter who is injured in the process. In my opinion, that's why Reginaldo Goulart was not fired and why Frank Parker was silently removed, no explanations given. When it's to the benefit of the corporation, Jesus' words about forgiveness come into play. When it's the powerful ones forcing the victim to forgive, you really have to begin to see the power equation behind the discourse. The Bible, on the otherhand, is always on the side of the socially powerless - the orphan, the widow, children. Remember Jesus's words, it's best to have stone tied to your neck and be thrown into the lake then to harm one of these little ones.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:15 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:14 pm 

Dear Via friends,

Since this forum started I've spent countless hours pouring over each post, doing my best to acknowledge each person (because you are each important to me) and to give a thorough response.

I've been away from this forum for 24 hours and it's overwhelming to me tonight, but please know I will be back tomorrow to continue these {great!} discussions. I appreciate everyone's willingness to share and be vulnerable. I'm encouraged by this community. It's really good to know none of us are alone in this!!

However, it has been days since I have slept well. Your stories weigh heavy on my heart...and I replay them even in my sleep. I suspect it is the same with you.

So, goodnight, dear friends. May our God, who never slumbers nor sleeps give you rest tonight. I'll be back tomorrow, with a focused mind and rested body.

Boa Noite!

~Hurt-n-Hopeful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:24 pm 

If the GRACE report is supposed to be posted on NTM home page, why can't I find it? Did they post it for a day or two and take it down? I didn't look just now. It was a few days ago when I last looked. It sure isn't very visible if someone knowing about it and looking for it can't find it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:47 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:49 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:01 pm 

@hurt-n-hopeful

APMT Agência Presbiteriana de Missões Transculturais

It is the Brazilian mission that Reginaldo Goulart, from the Fanda report, is currently with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next