[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Hell on Earth

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hell on Earth
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:07 pm 

I would refer you to my email to you wherein I queried a few things . . . .

This response, tepid at best, disingenous at worse, is rightly to be vilified . . . .

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:28 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:41 pm 

NTM daily prayer bulletin for today:

"Akolets respond to visual aids........"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:27 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:29 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:49 pm 

Strange you should mention this, Viajaguar.

A number of years ago in Bolivia, an MK and at that time a missionary also, calmly asked this very penetrating question and I quote: "Does the Holy Spirit work here in Bolivia?"

Others on these forums have alluded to wolves among the sheep. Thinking of Paul's warning to the leaders in Ephesus, it would appear that discerning between the two is nearly impossible under normal circumstances. But when suddenly there is sin involved, and real sheep are moved with compassion, we begin to see that it is looking very much like wolves have NONE. Thus, they may only respond to the thunderous clank of a prison door......closing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:18 pm 

I am livid at this letter from Scott Ross and the executive committee. Such glaring incompetence and they all are accountable for the damage to innocent lives. The arrogance that they believed they were capable to handle this investigation internally.

I personally hope for a serious revolt! This is so sick and repeated over and over. Rise up - everyone who was abused and continues to abused by this slow repsonse. Rise up all those who love someone who was abused.

I stand with you all and will let my voice be heard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm 

@the letter OT posted:

I am absolutely speechless. Honestly. Completely dumbfounded.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Posted on fandaeagles.com under documentation

http://fandaeagles.com/2010/10/1994-letter-from-scott-ross-re-frank-parker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:46 pm 

I can honestly say that I felt extreme rage this morning when I read this letter. Obviously having been naive at 18 years of age while talking to Scott Ross on the phone, I believed that he understood that I had been abused. My counselor sent a full report confirming the abuse. Interesting, that he only states that there were inappropriate actions. Once again there is proof that their only concern was to make sure that the leadership was seen in a positive light, "having dealt graciously and gently"..... While talking to my counselor this week, it took her about 10 minutes to say "he should have been put in prison". Notice she didn't say let me confer with several people and we will have 130 meetings wherein nothing will be decided. She has been working on another child abuse case and said that the man was just sentenced to 35 years in prison. I believe that is what so many on this forum need is validation. What Scott failed to mention was that those inappropriate actions were abuse. This letter just reminds me of what a sick world we live. Being pregnant, I have done so much reflecting on being the kind of parent that God wants me to be. I definitely do not have all the answers, but I want to raise kids who stand up for what is right and just!! We constantly remind our son to protect his little sister and watch out for her. Do we raise our kids in a bubble completely sheltered from the world??? No!!! They are with us when we work in the projects every week. We want them to grow up loving people, but also have common sense when it comes to really "bad people" in this world. WE want them to talk to us about everything no matter what it is. So if nothing comes from all of this, I hope to at least gain a better perspective on parenting. Last week, a girl in my neighborhood came running over, scared silly, because her mom's boyfriend was giving her the creeps. Even though she is 16, she knows that he is about to cross the line of abuse. I listened to her and then wasted no time confronting her mom. I explained to her that other adults had stood by in silence while my abuser carried on with his "inappropriate acts". I assured her that I would not be one of those adults in this girl's life. This mom has one option--- Break it off with the boyfriend and never allow him to go near her again. She assured me that this man had not touched her, but she recently started getting the creeps around him. The mom also confessed that she too was getting worried. I pray that all of us will be watchful and mindful of those around us. May we never be afraid to speak up for fear of hurting someone's feelings or jeopardizing a relationship. Excuse me for rambling, I'M JUST REALLY FIRED UP!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next