MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm 

"hiding"

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:24 pm 

I'm not exactly holding my breath that there will be any competent report into PNG in my lifetime. However I'd be happy to hear the words "Bemused you were right all those years ago" from the genetically linked and associates.
It's been a long long road and perhaps for this ageing MK it is a road that is nearing it's destination. I think I've made my point and to a certain extent won the battle. The white flag isn't exactly fluttering out of Sanford or Crossview, but support for those who still deny the abuse or minimise it is waning. The tide has turned, but in some respects it is a hollow victory because it is a battle that should never have been!

Just another pointless stupid war that was caused by a group of men who could not do the honourable thing and sort out those who committed criminal acts. They will mostly be in retirement now, buried with honours or doing very nicely with their steady stream of donated cash. Maybe one day they will wake up and see the collateral damage that was done in the name of someone who preached a gospel of love and common sense, but I'm not holding my breath on that either.

To those who have fought the good fight, in exposing the evil scourge of child abuse, you really are the heros in all this and the world we pass on to the next generation will be a better place for your valour.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:18 am 

While I am very glad to read the post from Cagey Mango--thank you!

I still have the same questions for the wider circle of Via survivors.
So I will post my questions from another thread.
We uphold you and think about you often, but have little clue
about what has been going on in your hearts and minds the
last 2 years or so.
Maybe the time for you to be here was over.
But we still hurt because of the stories you shared.
Just checking in and saying we care.

Here are those questions----np pressure, but had to list them bec
they were bursting out of my brain…….

Why haven't any ntm-ers posted the info from the member site?
Did they have to sign a pact with the lawyer?
How can so many people be so completely controlled?
This must be looked on as a bigger sin than the abuse.
Can that be possible?
The world should know the abusers' names.

And why haven't we heard from any Via survivors? (But one.)
Were they satisfied with the outcome of the investigation?
Did they receive a complete report of what all went on during the years of their abuse?
Do they know for sure now that they aren't the only ones?
Do they feel validated?
Because they are essentially one big extended family in E. Brazil---are they afraid of hurting others?

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:24 am 

A "Confidential" watermark is prominently displayed across most pages.

Also, a notice at the bottom reads: "This document may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL OR EXEMPT from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended ONLY for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the receiver of this transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or responsible agent thereof, then any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited."

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:37 pm 

The confidential watermark and statement on the bottom of the page doesn't keep the intended recipient from disclosure of their own personal information from NTM!

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 2:45 pm 

Cagey Mango wrote:

Also, a notice at the bottom reads: "This document may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL OR EXEMPT from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended ONLY for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the receiver of this transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or responsible agent thereof, then any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited."

That's sort of standard from many organisations. It is used when sending medical results, so that if they are sent to the wrong person there is protection. It makes sense, because the last thing a patient wants is there private medical matters being made public by someone who has become privy to them and shouldn't be.

However if one is the intended recipient of the transmitted material, then one can act upon such information within the confines of common sense e.t.c.

The above is only the personal opinion of an ageing MK, please consult your lawyer for more professional advice. But be warned that it will probably cost you an arm and a leg, whereas the above is free ;) .

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:10 pm 

Raz wrote:
I am more concerned with the results of the abuse investigation. What is the response to the interviews so many MKs, parents and others participated in? Who are the guilty people? They do not deserve any protection! The children they hurt were not protected! Why are the names of child abusers now kept secret?

I, for one, am deeply disappointed. I have no desire to participate in future sham investigations that are being funded for appearances sake only, not for true justice or healing.

I don't remember when the Via investigation began, but I believe that at least four of the five men named and dismissed were already gone from NTM before the investigation ever began. And of those four, one had already been dismissed and one is deceased.

Raz, I'm having to work through in my mind where to draw the line on confidentiality. Like you, I don't think abusers deserve anonymity. Not ever. Not at any level. At the same time I have to handle the information I receive from Sanford through the grid of my personal integrity. I have joined this battle publicly because of that integrity, and now I'm not posting names from NTM communications for the same reason.

I know that is going to elicit some strong negative responses from some, perhaps many. But everyone, please understand, I AM NOT SAYING THAT THOSE WHO DO POST COMMUNICATIONS FROM NTM LACK INTEGRITY!! That thought is the furthest from my mind. The publicity gained by this forum has had a huge impact for good and for God. It needs to continue. It MUST continue.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 3:35 pm 

Cagey Mango wrote:

****Rant Alert****

I had heard through the grapevine about this "Confidential" warning on the pages of the personal abuse reports received by Vianopolis abuse survivors. Fear of getting in trouble has kept recipients of these reports from divulging the information that is in them.

Thank you, Cagey Mango, for posting the threatening quote this specifically. This really helps me understand.

Let me set the stage: We have here a group of MKs who, as children, were completely controlled by rules. Rules about when to get up, when to go to bed, rules about what they couldn't wear, rules about their words, their attitudes, rules about their conduct with the opposite sex. Breaking the rules brought swift and harsh punishment. MKs were completely conditioned into being meek, compliant and totally controlled. They repeatedly saw what happened if someone broke a rule. The Bible was used as a tool to strengthen that control. There was a constant buzz going on in their minds, "Am I allowed to do this? Is this okay? Will I get in trouble?"

Now think about this scenario: With trepidation, the MKs made the decision to cooperate with an investigation initiated by NTM, into abuse they suffered years ago at boarding school. They cooperated because NTM asked them to. Speaking with IHART investigators was extremely stressful, but they did it, because they were trying to be helpful, trying to be good.

The wait has been so long. IHART began their investigation into Via abuse in the summer of 2011. That was three years ago! The IHART report was submitted to the NTM Executive Board last October. That was over six months ago! Survivors waited, and waited for the promised report they were to receive.

And finally it arrived! I can picture myself, with trembling fingers, opening the big envelope to read the contents of my report. My very personal report about the bad things that were done to me when I was a child. The things that give me nightmares. The things that affected my life in deep and significant ways, right up to the present.

Now I imagine what it would feel like to see a "confidential" watermark across almost every page of my report. And as my body is shaking and my mind is spinning, as I am trying to process what I am reading, and understand what is written there about the child-me, and the consequences to those who have hurt me soul-deeply, in that very fragile state of mind, to read this DIRE warning:

"This document may contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL OR EXEMPT from disclosure under applicable law. It is intended ONLY for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the receiver of this transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or responsible agent thereof, then any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited."

My emotions would shoot through the roof! I would be terrified, paralyzed and stupefied! I DON'T SPEAK LEGALEZE! I am scared to death of lawyers and their power! Intimidation by a lawyer using legal jargon to terrorize me would be absolutely effective! I would dissolve in a puddle of powerlessness immediately!

AND THESE SCOUNDRELS KNOW THIS!!!

Someone with a good grasp of the MK psyche wrote these words, and THEY KNEW the power they would have!

I am so furious right now I feel like screaming!

And yes, I have also heard through the grapevine this soothing explanation:

darthjaded wrote:
The confidential watermark and statement on the bottom of the page doesn't keep the intended recipient from disclosure of their own personal information from NTM!

I'm sorry! That does not unshackle me!! The powerlessness I feel after reading that threat is not nullified by being told, "Oh, that doesn't really apply to you." I am the kind of person who slows down when I see a cop car sitting at the side of the road, even when I was already driving the speed limit! I am cautious, fearful, controlled by rules, and I live in dread of "getting in trouble" And I am 63 years old!!

This is the legacy of being an MK, raised in a rule-bound environment without personal freedom. Trained to be under the control of my authority, whether that was my parents, my mission, my husband, my employer, my elders ... Yes. Be compliant. All the time.

To you, my fellow MKs, who spent your childhoods at the school in Vianopolis, where bad things happened: I get it now. I get why you are staying silent. I can relate and empathize, and were I to receive a document with those kinds of words on it, I would be intimidated also. I would be so afraid of breaking the rules, of getting in trouble. I cave so easily. I get it. I get it so well that my own heart is pounding as I write this.

And to you who accomplished this act of effective silencing of victims who for so long have been silenced: SHAME ON YOU!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!! You knew EXACTLY what you were doing!! I am livid!

You've kept my fellow MKs in silence for so long! And now you are still doing it!!

We are adults now!! We should have the courage to disregard your petty rules and free ourselves from your control! But you know us so well!! You know how brainwashed and controlled we are! You know how to pull our strings!! You made us this way!! So you know how to do this, and you do it well!!

Okay. I need to stop ranting and try to calm down.

I hope I have made my point.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:30 pm 

Cagey Mango wrote:

My investigative summary also had words like that. I decided the truth was more important than my fear of reprimand for breaking confidentiality. Also, I thought logically about how ridiculous it would be for someone to come after me for having a lack of confidentiality about my own report.

I'm not suggesting this would be the route someone else would want to take -- if the report and actions are justified, and the survivors are satisfied, then one may not wish to share their report.

If someone does think the truth needs to be known, then don't be afraid. I can assure you, you will have many back you up.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:41 pm 

OH!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next