[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation, Vianopolis

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:46 pm 

Enjoy telling it? I tried to write my life story for my therapist, got all the way til the day we first landed in Brazil, then I froze, and couldn't write a word more.

And when missions want us to do a little piece in a paragraph or less . . .its so demeaning . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:23 pm 

So do we know yet for sure if survivors have gotten their own reports yet?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:56 pm 

Paul, good question. I believe that most have received them. Thanks for asking. You know, it was a small school in the middle of not much . . .so it seems strange that other people even know the name Via. We were all quite vocal, back a few years ago, and this is what happened.

Except, the journey is not done. There is validation in the seriousness with which reports were taken, and in the black/white nature of the reports. But the memories are still there, and are impeding sleep and appetite.

We're going to have to find a new normal. There was a holding pattern while the investigation was being done . . .now that it is over, we will be adjusting . . .

I don't think I've said this before,which is a crime . . .but THANK YOU. Thank you for the many people that have been praying, listening, supporting, loving. There will be some admiration, some complaints about the report . . .that does not mean we are not grateful for the amount of time and energy that caring individuals have put into this task.

Love, peace, goodwill to all who deserve it! That means you!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 pm 

Ah, Allbetter, failing to say thank you isn't a crime. When hearts commune (even through cyberspace between ones who have never met) the absence of words often speak more clearly than words might. That may sound sappy, but it certainly doesn't feel sappy from here. But you are welcome.

I am glad there has been validation -- that was (is) essential. You may never get apologies, but don't let that prevent you from moving forward. A valid apology can only come from a broken heart, and that may or may not ever occur. Many thoughts run through my mind about where one goes from here in the healing process. My prayers continue ...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:58 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:46 am 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:22 am 

No Rachel. You are not alone in your thoughts. I absolutely agree. Why are victims constantly left in the dark?
I feel there is just politics involved. There is no repentance, no transparency. Which proves to me ntm is more concerned about money. Where is the faith that God will keep providing sponsors if ntm would confess their crimes? ntm does the absolute minimum to feign concern for the victims.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:47 am 

NTM has released a summary

http://usa.ntm.org/historical-reviews

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:41 am 

here is the article

Historical Reviews

Jesus had many things to say about His love and care of children and NTM USA desires to give that same place of honor to the children of our members and also to those children in the ministries we undertake. Sadly, there were times in our history when individuals took advantage of situations and the vulnerability of children to commit acts of abuse.

Since the mid-1990s NTM USA has worked to build and improve child safety procedures. Today, NTM USA trains all members in the area of child safety and is committed to ongoing vigilance and awareness.

Believing that we are responsible to our members and their children, to our ministry partners, to the laws of the countries in which we minister and ultimately to God, NTM USA will continue to review our policies and safety procedures to better safeguard children.

Review of East Brazil 1983-1998

As a part of our commitment to child safety, NTM USA continues to commission independent reviews of historical allegations of abuse. Most recently, a review of the eastern region of Brazil was finalized and given to the NTM USA Executive Board. The review confirmed that there were incidents of abuse, in the time period between 1983 and 1998. In response to the review, NTM USA has amended the employment records of five former members to now indicate dismissal and/or permanent removal from membership from NTM USA as a result of their actions against children. The board has also carried out additional recommendations from an independent panel including notifying the Sending Churches of the outcomes of the review and sending letters of apology to those indicated by the review team. Information from the review has been shared with those directly involved and with law enforcement.

In the future, as reviews of other regions are concluded, we will follow through on recommended outcomes in the same manner. Our prayer is that God will use these reports to make us more aware and vigilant in our efforts to provide a safe and healthy environment for children.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 pm 

That's got to be the lamest excuse for a "report" that I have ever seen. I have to agree with Raz that they are just trying to protect the mission and its leaders.

Once again, they make it very clear that "former" MKs simply don't matter to them in the least. Which makes me wonder how much they really do care about the protection of current MKs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next