[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation, Vianopolis

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 1:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:33 pm 

From IHART with permission

“As you all know the Vianopolis report went to the NTM Board in October and the Recommendations Panel met at the end of October to begin and complete its work. Since that time we have been busy writing the reports and re-writing the reports that are needed for distribution. I realize it has been a long and frustrating wait for the survivors and witnesses that talked with IHART and I do apologize. This process has taken longer than I expected as we have revised and then revised again and again the forms that we are using. Just so you know this is the first time I have had to write so many reports from the master report. We are very close to sending them to the people involved. Please bear with me.

While all this work is pulling together the Vianopolis reports, it has not slowed down the work being done on Tambo and Panama.”

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:40 pm 

I'll let you all know the second I get anything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:56 pm 

But will there ever be any sort of public report, even a summary?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:01 pm 

It's looking doubtful, isn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm 

And I'll repeat my earlier assertion: an investigation whose results are not made public is much worse than no investigation at all.

Because no one outside of the select few who get the reports will have any idea of what was found, and more importantly, what was (or wasn't) done about it.

They can just say "We did an "independent" investigation and took care of everything", and we just have to take their word for it. (Which based on everything I've seen so far from them isn't worth anything at all. I would say shit, but I think even shit is worth more than their word.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:55 pm 

:)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:52 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:11 pm 

This is incredibly sobering, isn't it.

NTM retains FULL control. Just like they always have. Just like they did when we were kids.

And Pii views NTM as their "client" in an investigation like this. So their "client" gets the final say over what happens to their findings.

GRACE impressed me as caring more about the abused than about the abusers. They explained clearly how the environment in NTM set the stage for child abuse at Fanda. They gave some specific descriptions of the abuse suffered, while protecting the identity of the victims. They made bold recommendations for severe consequences to child abusers and those who enabled them.

Pii gathered detailed information from abuse survivors in the investigation dreamwords and others participated in. Then they handed all that information over to their "client".

Which is New Tribes Mission.

Pii considered their job finished. They collected their pay and moved on to the next case.

I hope that all abused MKs from NTM schools and other locations are paying close attention to this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:53 pm 

To those of you waiting and wondering what kind of report you are going to get from NTM, I hope you will read the new thread under the Papua New Guinea section about Gary Earl.

On Jan 9, 2014, Pii writes, “A couple weeks ago you had asked me about the full report for the Gary Earl investigation. It took a little while, but this morning I received NTM's official policy statement. It is as follows...

When the process of independent inquiries was launched, it was determined that the privacy of those impacted by abuse was of utmost importance. Therefore, those who came forward to tell their stories were given assurances of confidentiality. With this in mind, full reports will not be publicly released by NTM USA."

FULL REPORTS WILL NOT BE PUBLICLY RELEASED BY NTM USA.

And their excuse? "The privacy of those impacted by abuse is of utmost importance".

What do you think, those of you who are impacted by the abuse you suffered in NTM? Is this explanation going to fly with you?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:14 pm 

And isn't it ironic...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 26  Next