[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation, Vianopolis

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:21 am 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:19 am 

You're getting dippy.
You've been at this for a long time.
We knew what you meant!

:D :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:57 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:28 pm 

Raz I understand you how can there be a God with all we have gone through? Yet personally I am finding the more I question what he is doing the more real he is becoming to me. We have been taught so many lies about God that it is hard to sort and discard the lies and the though processes they have given us. Just today I was taking to a lady who was quoting a Christian book. "If you just ask God for a cup of blessings he will give you a cup. But if you ask for a barrel you will get a barrel. (Funny in MK context would that be a missionary barrel? :) ). The idea if we do what God wants we will be blessed. God rewards the good and punishes the evil. I reminded her that God sends rain on the just and the unjust. Why does he work this way I often ask. I don't know. But I know my job is to fight for justice maybe he just intends to do it through people and not lightning bolts. To me it is not so important what someone believes as if they are fighting for justice for the many who have been abused. Many on this site have been fighting faithfully for years already you are the heroes, not those who spout their correct doctrine. Courage to all who fight for justice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:04 pm 

Thank you both, so much, Bemused and Shary.

Yes, I would love to sit down together and have some long talks.

Thank you for the reminder that I truly am not alone.

Love to all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:41 pm 

True friends!
Thank you!
He is faithful no matter what people are doing. He cannot deny himself.
I still believe that.

Look at this!
"By calling this covenant (org?) "new",
He has made the 1st one obsolete
And what is OBSOLETE AND AGING
Will soon DISAPPEAR." Hebr 8:13

Caps mine.
"---" around "new"----totally from Him!!!!!!
He uses the term fine, they are trying to cover up by saying it……...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:16 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:54 pm 

Dear Raz,

The cynic in me says "what investigation"? You see I base my reasoning on my experience and the experience of the non U.S. personnel from my era as an MK.
I've checked with every family I can find from my era and the pattern is the same, we were treated very differently from our U.S. counterparts (this includes some Canadians). We were made to do jobs that U.S. missionaries didn't want to do. We had our supplies stolen and we were not able to access what U.S. missionaries were able to. If there was a dispute, then the side of the U.S. missionary was always upheld and we were subjected to disciplinary measures, which often meant being ejected. Then of course our houses were confiscated.
And who stood up against this? Well no one that I knew, after all really did it matter if some foreigners were mistreated?

So NTM learnt they could pick off minority groups and deal with them by getting rid of them. And my suggestion is they learnt this well and the lesson has been passed down from the old guard to the not so old guard that is in charge now. Only this time the target is not the foreign missionaries, it's the MKs who are speaking out.
NTM didn't think there was much of a problem, just a bit of a disturbance in Senegal, but when the GRACE report came out it was blindingly obvious that this was a huge scandal, involving many fields. So what better way to deal with it than to initiate an "investigation" that is carefully controlled, but not seen to be controlled. It makes it look as if a caring stance has been taken, while the full assessment of what damage has been done is completed. Then the financial implications of what has happened can be fully assessed, so that decisions can be made to either defend or deny allegations.

Therefore what was done to non-U.S. missionaries in decades past is quite possibly going to be done to MKs now and all in the name of God. It's sick, it's unfair and it's perverted, but alas it is probably going to be reality. There has never been an apology for the way non-U.S. missionaries were treated and if one is holding ones breath for a sincere resolution to this child abuse scandal, then one is going to be holding it for a very long time. Look at the past and work out what is the most likely future.

If you don't want to go down the same track as the foreign missionaries of yore, then might I humbly suggest that you ask yourselves why no one is speaking up. Is the same code of silence still in place? If no one cares enough to speak out, then so be it. Personally I have nothing more to loose to NTM, many Downunder MKs don't. Therefore we can speak freely, with little fear of recrimination and that in it's own strange way is actually a therapeutically good feeling.

Those who abused children and those who defended such evil, may well face the wrath of their God in the next life. Until that point, we do have some say in what wrath is faced and by who. Silence will only ensure the wrongs of the past are not learnt from or brought to justice, speaking out may achieve little or a lot, but we will never know by remaining silent.

Bemused the NonSilent Knight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:15 pm 

I agree, Bemused.

I just hope someone besides me is listening.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:44 pm 

question: what value is there in an investigation and a recommendations panel when no one but the executive committee sees the results??

answer:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 26  Next