[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation, Vianopolis

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 pm 

I agree with You JerryB. No genuine concern.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 pm 

It reminds me of a nurse I used to know, who said "I like being a nurse, just don't like dealing with sick people".

Obviously didn't quite make the right career choice.

Being in the missionary business is a bit like being a nurse, a good missionary cares for people, more on the spiritual level, but also the physical, emotional levels too.
So when an MK is injured in the workplace environment, then a good missionary organisation, like a good nurse would be filled with compassion and naturally tend to the injury, without judgement or derision.

Perhaps if no genuine concern or compassion can be mustered, it might be time to consider if the right career is being pursued.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:16 pm 

NUMB by U2
http://www.u2.com/media/index/mediaplay ... eo/setId/1

Don't move, don't talk out of time
Don't think, don't worry, everything's just fine
Just fine

Don't grab, don't clutch, don't hope for too much
Don't breathe, don't achieve or grieve without leave

Don't check, just balance on the fence
Don't answer, don't ask, don't try an' make sense

Don't whisper, don't talk, don't run if you can walk
Don't cheat, compete, don't miss the one beat

Don't travel by train, don't eat, don't spill
Don't piss in the drain, don't make a will

Don't fill out any forms, don't compensate
Don't cower, don't crawl, don't come around late
Don't hover at the gate

Don't take it on board, don't fall on your sword
Just play another chord
If you feel you're getting bored
(I feel numb)
(I feel numb)
(Too much is not enough)

Don't change your brand, don't listen to the band
Don't gape, don't ape, don't change your shape
(I feel numb)
Have another grape
(Too much is not enough)
(Gimme some more)
(A piece of me, baby)

(I feel numb)
Don't plead, don't bridle, don't shackle, don't grind
(Gimme some more)
Don't curve, don't swerve, lie, die, serve
(I feel numb)

(I feel numb)
Don't theorize, realize, polarize
(Gimme all you got)
Chance, dance, dismiss, apologize
(Too much is not enough)

Don't spy, don't lie, don't try
Imply, detain, explain, start again
(I feel numb)

(I feel numb)
Don't triumph, don't coax, don't cling, don't hoax
Don't freak, peak, don't leak, don't speak
(I feel numb)

(I feel numb)
Don't project, don't connect, protect
Don't expect, suggest
(I feel numb)
Don't expect, suggest
(I feel numb)

Don't struggle, don't jerk, don't collar, don't work
Don't wish, don't fish, don't teach, don't reach
(Too much is not enough)

Don't borrow, don't break, don't fence, don't steal
Don't pass, don't press, don't try, don't feel
(Gimme some more)

(I feel numb)
Don't touch, don't dive, don't suffer, don't rhyme
Don't fantasize, don't rise, don't die
(I feel numb)

(I feel numb)
Don't expect, suggest
(I feel numb)
Don't expect, suggest
(I feel numb)

Songwriters
Smith, Mike

Published by
Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing

Read more: U2 - Numb Lyrics | MetroLyrics

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:33 pm 

:(

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:54 pm 

I received the IHART report last week.

I suppose it was affirming to a degree, at least an official acknowledgement was issued that injustice and abuse occurred. Perhaps it could technically be said that NTM did their investigative duty by Via MK's, but I personally feel that the Mission's response/resolution is somewhat paltry - basically the easy way out. I do not feel valued by NTM, nor do I feel that leadership has really done much to extend compassion and empathy. Neither impression is tantamount to my peace of mind, I'm just stating an opinion.

The report named six individuals whose files were changed to "Dismissed" or "Ineligible" or "Not Dismissed," with a one-two word explanation for the status change (sexual, physical, emotional abuse, or voyeurism).

The report only addressed specific details on each individual that I named in my testimony, not for all six mentioned above. Also, two men in leadership were named as having disregarded evidence and accusations over the years - leading to & enabling additional abuse. These men were not listed as having been dismissed, merely reprimanded and asked to apologize and contribute monetary retribution to the MK counseling fund.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 5:23 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:23 pm 

Cagey Mango, I'm really, really glad you posted. So much wrong was done at Via. If it is unacknowledged, then the prevailing message is . . ."It doesn't matter . . . You don't matter . . ."

I'm so glad that you have found other sources of well-being for your present life.

I don't like making judgements. I don't want to be wrong. The first time I called a doctor without a good set of vitals and written assessment findings, was the last time I called without being prepared.

The investigation was necessary, in order to get the facts.

Those who responded, participated in the interviewing process, are heroes.

Because this is uncharted territory, with this being the first investigation with iHart, it is imperative that the participants in this process are given an opportunity to evaluate the investigation and help determine whether this is working or not.

Those who were not direct victims have not had access to the report. We just don't know . . .so thank you, again and again.

As you think of other things to say . . .please check back in here. It matters, you matter . . .a lot.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:13 pm 

Thank you, CM.
We do hope to hear more.

True repentance is not hirng the facts.
Dealing with crimes is not saying you are being transparent
When you are not.

Just some of the reasons we want to hear what the survivors have to say.
How they evaluate the investigation.
Whether it was worth it to report.
Did ntm really care about them?

We want to know
Because we care about
Survivors.

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:15 pm 

Corrected version---

Thank you, CM.
We do hope to hear more.

True repentance is not hiding the facts.
Dealing with crimes is not saying you are being transparent
When you are not.

Just some of the reasons we want to hear what the survivors have to say.
How they evaluate the investigation.
Whether it was worth it to report.
Did ntm really care about them?

We want to know
Because we care about
Survivors.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 26  Next