MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: From iHart
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:46 pm 

Hey Via MKs - this was in my inbox this evening....

6:07 PM (3 hours ago)

Independent Historical Abuse Review Team

9116 Beacon Drive

Jeffersonville, IN 47130

Dear Vianopolis MK’s,

You are undoubtedly aware of the investigation that was initiated into reports of child abuse at the NTM, Vianopolis, Brazil boarding school between the fall of 1983 and the summer of 1993. In response to these reports, the Independent Historical Abuse Review Team (IHART) was established in 2011 to investigate these reports.

The investigation has been ongoing for nearly two years, and numerous MK’s have provided detailed information describing situations of abuse and identifying those responsible. The number of individuals contacting the investigative team have begun to dwindle, and it appears that those who have wished to cooperate and provide information have been contacted.

This letter is a plea to all of you who have not contacted investigators, or provided information, to please do so as soon as possible. I am asking that if you have positive or negative experiences that have affected you deeply, and you would like to share in details, that you please do so as soon as possible. If you witnessed events which affected others, your information is extremely valuable, and we would appreciate your information. Currently, existing information would indicate that the investigation can be closed in a relatively short time. It is our desire to hear from everyone in an attempt to positively identify all of those responsible.

If you wish to speak with someone from the Vianopolis investigative team, please contact Richard Ramirez or Pat Hendrix at the addresses below. Please include your email address, phone number, or other contact information at which you may be contacted.

Peace to you.

Richard Ramirez, Lead Investigator Pat Hendrix, IHART Coordinator

peace4mks@comcast.net pat.mkguardian@gmail.com

734-476-0385 812-282-4689 or 407-304-8476

Post subject: Re: From iHart
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 am 

Is 407 Florida?
Unless they are going to use the info to prosecute abusers
And I don't think that is the case
What is it for?
Who will get to read it?
If the whole world----
Then it might be profitable.
If just NTM lawyers
Well, then.........

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 am 
Site Admin

734 is Michigan
812 is Indiana
407 is Florida (Orlando to be more specific)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 am 

Thanks, threewillows.

To be fair, people can now purchase a phone/plan in one area, with a phone number (including area code), and take that mobile phone anywhere in the country to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:47 pm 

Just curious. What is the methodology being used to contact MKs?

Are members/ex members being contacted to then establish where their MKs are? Or are MKs passing on contact details of other MKs?

I have no objection to either, after all in this modern time we are a mobile population and being MKs have even more likelihood of moving. And any effort to clarify this mess for the right motives, is applaudable.

The hiccup could come when/if PNG is investigated, it will include a higher percentage of Downunder MKs. We have numerous MKs down here who no contact with their parents and haven't done for years. Probably half of Kiwi MKs no longer live in NZ. Throw into the equation that some of our parents are not going to want some of us speaking about the past to any inquiry (or anyone for that matter), they are hardly likely to cooperate with IHART.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:24 pm 

I do think a lot of the communication is coming via the parents. The mission has more contact information for parents. Then it is left up to the parents whether or not they pass the information on. Or the parents are asked to provide contact information back to the mission. Again, the response of whether or not send addresses and such would be up to the parents.

Over 1,000 names of students that passed through Tambo have been submitted to IHART. I am not sure how that is being handled. A LOT of names, and many of those kids weren't even NTM kids.

I expect that the number of kids who passed through Oliguti and Numonohi is also very large. How to reach them? An excellent question.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:32 pm 

Now this could get very interesting.

Downunder NTMers and ex NTMers have their loyalties to Crossview. Crossview has not cooperated with getting IHART's work known.
So if IHART contacts a Downunder NTMer or ex NTMer and asks for cooperation, a situation could arise where Crossview is recommending they don't cooperate. That is going to be a dilemma.

Hmmmmmm. Glad I'm just loyal to my conscience and telling the truth, much easier.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:24 pm 

If your school had year books............that is an important instrument in the hands of the IHART. they got ahold of all the year books from Tambo and that is where they got the names for our school.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:32 pm 

Good idea!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:45 pm 

Oops, except I disposed of my yearbooks years ago, in one of those " I don't want to remember " ephisodes.
Fear not though, Bemused has plan "C" ;) .

Oh hang on, I'd have my picture in other peoples yearbooks and so would all the other Downunder MKs, you two aren't just pretty faces :lol:

So mine would be the picture with the horns out the top of the head .

Putting plan "C" on hold.