MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 am 

I can't remember there being to much time devoted to education related to adjusting back to our home countires given in the boarding school in PNG. There was a lot of education that pointed us in the direction of becoming missionaries ourselves, from what I remember. Much of what we learnt had no relevance to the outside world, yet that is where most of us ended up.
Ignorance might have been bliss as a child, but it wasn't much fun coming back into a first world culture and having to learn lessons that should have been learnt in the boarding school.
I wonder if anything has changed for our current crop of young MKs?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:15 pm 

Thankfully current NTM students probably have access to the internet. Heaven forbid!!! Or do they??
Free life education for all. :lol:

They won't have to stuff their packs with weed on their school camping trips into the mountains or spike the coke/rootbeer with alcohol in the Seniors lounge. They will be able to get their "buzz" on line. Maybe they don't let them out anymore for those trips after the rebellious back lash of the 80's.

That was probably as close as they all got to being educated about the world outside of NTM in my day. The students educated themselves and got into BIG trouble for it.

Everything was BIG with NTM wasn't it? Including BIG coverups.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:06 pm 

Hate to break the news, but the Numonohi (or it's new name) rule book looks very similar to the one we had in the Finnamore era, but it now contains rules for access to the internet. Bet my bottom dollar no student from Numonohi is reading this, all must be supervised e.t.c. The rule book is on line, so won't bore anyone with the details.
There are also strict rules regarding trips off base, probably due to irresponsible behaviour of previous MKs! :P

Ha, ha spiking the root beer with alcohol, hadn't heard that one. There was a still operating when I was there. Oh those were the good ole days and are sadly pissed :o .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:44 am 

Where is Finnamore these days...anyone know? He was a nasty, creepy piece of work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am 

Try the NTM Resthome.
Would you like to be one of those "Royal Volunteers", you'd be suprised who is there from our past?
I presume that the fees for living in retired comfort at the NTM Resthome Hilton are paid for out of ones social security income, but is it topped up by donations or ones own asset base?
Obviously with labour being "volunteered" it is a bit cheaper than the average Resthome?
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 am 

When I stand before IHART
And they say what have they done
I shall point to tall Jim
And say "please look at that one"

For he had our young minds
Moulded them with hate
Had us beat for minor things
Like talking or being late

And he must have known
That the paedophiles did prey
Beating, touching, molesting
Each in their wicked way

And his bizzare rule book
Where for touching girls one must pay
Meanwhile up in the dorm
Uncle was having his wicked way

Tall Jim should have to answer
For in the sin he did deal
But I bet he won't be touched
For he's as slippery as an eel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:42 am 

bemused, keep these coming!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:34 am 

Tambo was also 'blessed' by the Finnamores..... I was in 8th grade when they arrived and I will never forget.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:01 pm 

I have a feeling more than a few names on the NTM Retirement Center roster -- and their general Retired Missionary list -- will be mentioned to IHART in the ongoing and future investigations.

Prayer meetings at the Latham Center are probably growing even more fervent.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:49 am 

Just from the collection of "lovelies" from my past is a principal who made sure lights were hidden under bushels and a teacher who beat those lights out of students she didn't like and got some sort of sadistic pleasure out of it. Now all they need is someone who fiddled with the lights under the bushel and I bet it won't take long to find one of them.

On the bright side, at least IHART won't have to go far to interview them (if they are inclined to do so, which is probably a good question to ask).

On the funny side. If the whiff of an investigation causes gastric upset, it's going to be mighty funny when they reach for the you know what roll, only to find some overzealous person has shredded all the paper :o .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next