[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Updates

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Updates
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

NTM Weekly Update:

This week NTM continued conversations with various parties including GRACE regarding how best to implement steps toward mediation and arbitration. NTM and GRACE had hoped to be in a position to recommend a specific process by today, but were unsuccessful in reaching that point.

On Saturday, October 23, members of the NTM-USA Executive Board will be meeting with members of the GRACE team to discuss various topics including, but not limited to, mediation and arbitration and the manner and procedure in which other NTM boarding school abuse claims will be investigated and addressed. We continue to be in prayer for God’s wisdom and leading during this meeting.

GRACE continues to follow up on issues regarding the remaining personnel recommendations and is awaiting responses from certain persons before fully completing this task. NTM will finalize their decisions as soon as possible upon receiving final information from GRACE.

October 22, 2010

Post subject: Re: Updates
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:05 pm 

No updates until after January 1st.?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:28 pm 

I just received this from my brother who is a member of NTM.

) ABUSE INVESTIGATION MODEL FINALIZED

New Tribes Mission this week finalized the model for future child abuse investigations, which will be carried out independently of NTM. Also this week, NTM signed an independent contractor to coordinate the investigation process. We’ll be able to provide more details next week.

It sounds encouraging, and we will look forward to the mmore details.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:15 am 
Site Admin

I am very curious to know what that model looks like, and also who they have chosen to use. I have no faith in NTM, or their ability to make decisions that are right, and that will bring out the Truth in future investigations.
Does anyone think it's strange that they did not name the group that they've chosen? I am very skeptical.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:18 am 

I agree with you, Bonnie and I find it strange, yet strangely the MO of NTM to *not* name the group and keep key people in the dark. Very, very sad.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:44 am 

I find I have to read, and then re-read communications from NTM. All very carefully worded, and often obscure.

If I understand the process, as explained to me, I believe this "independent contractor" (sounds like they're building a house?) is a single individual. Their job will be to coordinate the investigation process. I have no information about who this person is, or how they were found, or what their experience or expertise is.

What will take place after this coordinator is employed is still very unclear.

As I understand it, Fanda MKs were involved in the process of bringing GRACE in to investigate the abuse at their school. If adult MK survivors from the other schools that need to be investigated have been involved in the process of hiring this "independent contractor", I am not aware of it.

I appeal to NTM to include MK abuse survivors in this process, as things move forward. Your credibility is at stake. It is imperative that MKs not feel further disenfranchised by your process.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:24 am 

I thank God my parents took the 'heat' from the head guys back in Florida yearly when they refused to send us children off to the boarding schools, I can't imagine any more than I've already endured in life thus far, having to cope with wwhat the Fanda's have had to deal with. I pray for these people daily who could have easily been me.
I'm FURIOUS with the way NTM has handled this situation. Its not the first time the board has made wrong and decicions, but this is the worst ever.
I have no faith in NTM anymore, none whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:31 am 

One thing us MK's need to be very careful of is going it alone. I have had experience with the public school where the policy is to refuse to meet with groups of parents who might have a problem with a certain issue. They will only meet with one person and then that person is basically told you are the only one who has a problem. This technique is actually taught. It is easy to isolate and play games with people when you do things this way. Some of the posts I have seen about having to contact NTM and then they basically decide if you were really abused seem to fall into this trap. Everyone needs to stand together and support each other or there will only be stonewalling and there has been enough of that already. Do I trust NTM--no! There are too many of the same names still in positions of authority, and if not the same men, then the baton has been passed to the heirs with the same last names.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:04 am 

NTM Child, I think this is very sound advice. I know that I myself have gotten very excited whenever a small crumb is tossed my way from NTM. I so much long to be treated with consideration and respect. Every time I get even a friendly nod in my direction, it bolsters my hope for true help, cooperation, communication and care.
I know that I personally need to keep my head in reality. Stay focused. Stay strong.
For the children.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:15 pm