[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Memorial

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Memorial
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 am 
Site Admin

Do any Eagles have ideas for the memorial? I personally was amazed to hear this suggestion as well as the repentance retreat but I guess enough people brought it up in the meetings with Grace that they included it. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Memorial
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:48 am 
Site Admin

I wonder why. That's all...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:52 am 
Site Admin

What about some kind of living memorial - like we want the Fanda memorial to be swift investigations of all other school and reports of abuse within NTM.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:54 am 
Site Admin

NOW we're talking!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:05 pm 

You, the fearless Fanda Eagles, are already immortalized in my heart! You are my heroes! I will never be able to thank you enough for shining the light of truth on this horrendous, world-wide secret!
A grateful Mom,
Raz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:22 pm 

I never brought it up and at first did not know what to think about it, but a memorial is something that is set in place so that none forget what happened. It is meant as a reminder so that it will not be allowed to happen again. For that reason, I think that whoever came up with it had a good idea. Deciding on what that object should be is hard though. In my opinion it should be in Sanford right in front of the main building so that those in charge will see it everyday they go to work. Where they will be reminded of the great crimes and injustices that were allowed by others and them to take place over the lifetime of NTM. The memorial itself should be clear as day as to why it is there so that they cannot forget. So that when the next call of abuse comes in (and it will) they can look out and see it and know that they had better deal with it right this time.

Maybe get them in on the act of making it so that they will not forget that their decisions here in FL have effects far reaching all over the world to every corner and every missionary kid.
Maybe we should get a group of cement children statues together in front of the bulding and give each EC member a sledge hammer and have them crack it on one of the statues, leaving behind the remnance of childrens bodies cracked and crushed on the ground. Maybe if they walk by that every morning and see a broken face staring up at them from the ground they will remember to fight for the innocent lives on the field. Maybe that is too morbid for everyone though.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:55 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:58 pm 

i kind of hate to see any money spent on a memorial that seems like it would just make ntm feel like they "handled" the problem adequately. i want them to take care of their shit, start helping people, offering to pay for counseling instead of having to go through months of process, etc. no easy fixes for them, no checklist they can mark things off and consider them "done." i want the memorial to be a group of intentional, awake missionaries who understand the gravity of what happened at fanda, but i have not heard ONE thing from anyone with the exception of larry brown's form letter and the few comments on this site, most of which are anonymous. the mind, it boggles.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:11 am 

I didn't say anything about a memorial to GRACE either. I sort of like the idea of a memorial in front of the Stanford headquarters though. Something to remind them of there history and not to repeat it. Or something in writing on there logo "NTM Creating Tribal Churches While Not Neglecting Family" Ok, maybe that is going a bit too far :) I also agree with verily.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe a memorial could be posting the fandaeagles site prominently and permanently on NTM's home page. Along with a very repentant statement from them, which explicitly explains why they have posted our site there.