[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation of Tambo

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:17 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:16 pm 

:shock: :o

need to go barf.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:14 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:27 pm 

And so you have every right to be angry Raz, NTM has tricked MKs with their lies and scheming. Welcome to the world of the Downunder MKs, I'm really sorry you had to join us, but now maybe we are all on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!

We were given 3 options to pursue some time ago: IHART, ICE and the media. Naively many of us trusted NTM and it's "independent" investigation, because the words were sweet and came from on high.
But who was it that caught Scott Kennell? Not IHART!!!!!!!!!! No! It was the people we should have all trusted the first time round. But how many of us didn't because we don't trust secular organisations to sort out a Christian problem or we didn't like the way that ICE got involved or some other stupid reason!!!!!!!!!

So I say again, if we want some real action then for God's sake put some effort and faith into the organisation that has the real resources and motivation to make inroads into this mess and stop trusting with vane hope that one day the tooth fairy will pop out of NTM and all will be sorted!!!!!!!!!!
ICE can't do anything unless they are pointed in the right direction, we each have to get off our butts and tell the truth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:02 am 

Absolutely disgusting. I cannot believe Blond was interviewed over a year ago and has heard nothing. ??????

In response to Aussie's post about MKs and the false hope of a tooth fairy from ntm, my heart really feels for you MKs.

I was an adult who passed through ntm and I see NOW how deluded I was in believing them and jumping through the hoops they placed. I see NOW how misled I was and how easily I became indoctrinated by them. But I was an adult and I had a choice.

I can only imagine how the MKs were completely manipulated as innocent children growing up in the cult. MKs couldn't just pick up and leave. They were children.

No, my hopes of a tooth fairy from ntm have gone dry. It was a secular tool ICE who helped us with Scott Kennell. GRACE is obviously no longer welcomed by ntm. It is a sickening feeling to see them continue on unscathed.

Worse yet is the lack of concern or genuine apologies to MKs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:51 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:47 am 

Hi, Blond!
Yes, this IHART thing has turned out as some of us predicted.
ntm now has alot more ammunition for their lawyers---from you and others!
It is so sickening.
The Bolivia track record is disgusting---and we had NO CLUE about any of it until some of it
started happening to our kids. Even now, we don't know the full scope.
42 abusers and more too!!!!
It should have stopped right there in Bolivia with the 1st abuser.
You should feel free to do whatever you think you have to.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:34 pm 

from IIHART with permission

“As you all know the Vianopolis report went to the NTM Board in October and the Recommendations Panel met at the end of October to begin and complete its work. Since that time we have been busy writing the reports and re-writing the reports that are needed for distribution. I realize it has been a long and frustrating wait for the survivors and witnesses that talked with IHART and I do apologize. This process has taken longer than I expected as we have revised and then revised again and again the forms that we are using. Just so you know this is the first time I have had to write so many reports from the master report. We are very close to sending them to the people involved. Please bear with me.

While all this work is pulling together the Vianopolis reports, it has not slowed down the work being done on Tambo and Panama.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:54 pm 

Tambo alum here-
I just found out about this forum a week ago, so am just now reading through some of this.

My experience at Tambo was almost always a positive one and I did not experience any kind of abuse. Often times it seems that we forget that humans make mistakes, and yes, those mistakes can be very vile. I am not excusing any of the abuse that took place over the 50-year period Tambo was opened, but just pointing this out.
My stomach turns at how sick some of the people were who would abuse children while claiming to serve God. But another thing that really makes me very upset is the constant flow of comments I see from people who never attended Tambo, and some of whom (from the posts) never attended any kind of boarding school and have no idea what they are like. I see a vast amount of anger and, although more than justified, it drowns out the positive. At Tambo, there were problems. There were cases of abuse. And yes, this is disgraceful and very sad.
But there was so much positive that came from Tambo as well. There were professors, staff members, and other leaders there who had lasting impacts for the good on the lives of so many students.

So I ask that as we read about this case and the further developments, we remember this: there were plenty of vile mistakes made at Tambo, but there was also a lot of good. Don't be too quick to see the whole of Tambo's existence as bad. There were many students impacted for the positive. And while the missionaries were out in the tribes, there was a great impact for good and sharing of the Gospel.

Sincerely,
Kyle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:21 pm 

Hi Kyle! It's hard to read this, isn't it? In a week, you can only start to process it all. Thank you for reading. . .we're glad you did.

There is another Kyle that was posting on here, who recently removed all of his posts. He has had a very different experience than you . . .just FYI, if you receive puzzling messages.

I keep in contact with my old roommate from Via. We've seen each other five times since I graduated in 1987. There are very few people that I can ever talk to about Via. I am so grateful that on this forum, other people are interested and can comment. I don't think I would have had the courage to say anything at all, if it were just people from Via. It's been important not to exclude anyone.

Please feel free to use the private message feature if you have questions, concerns . . .

I'm sure that this is upsetting to you. Keep writing, keep talking . . .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next