[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - IHART Investigation of Tambo

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:07 am 

Waiting.

:(

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:42 pm 

Yes, God sees.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:27 am 

Just wondering why Tambo victims back to the 50's
Have not spoken out publicly in larger numbers.
Are there too many relatives to protect?
This must be one of the largest groups of victims
Due to the number of years the abuse covers.
Is there communication within this group?
It doesn't seem right that all of this remains covered up.
And it also seems that any report will likely be a non-report.
Possibly literally.
Supporters and churches are being kept in the dark.
Victims are getting older and looking back on lives
Full of distress.
I'm just wondering.
And my heart goes out to this large group
And I'm sad.
Sad, also, that no one from those many years has spoken up on their behalf.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:40 pm 

Yes, MB, this is a very large and very silent group.

The group from the 60s that are my peers is very big. I knew some of them personally, as we went through Bible School and missions training together. Of course I did not realize then, what horrors they had lived through in Tambo. I know more now, and what I know helps explain some of the "vibes" I picked up back then, in the late 60s and early 70s.

The extent, severity, and frequency of the abuse that went on at that boarding school in those days helps me understand why the survivors remain so silent to this day. The life they lived came to feel rather "normal" when they were in it, because it was all they knew, on that remote mission compound.

In the years since, they either continued on in NTM and buried all those memories, or they are no longer in the mission orbit and it all seems like a horrible dream now. I suppose some of them now realize that what happened was so abnormal that it is hard for them to even try to explain it to "outsiders".

One male survivor from those days told me Tambo was like a concentration camp for kids. When I think of it that way, it helps me understand why many survivors, like survivors of the Holocaust, never speak of the horrors. No one understands, so they just keep quiet.

I have also observed that when child abuse occurs on a large scale, the "fight" has been beaten out of many of the victims. They remain to this day very compliant, just trying to keep a low profile and stay out of trouble. And as abuse victims, there is shame mixed in: shame that really should not be theirs to bear, but the feeling of shame is very common among abuse survivors, and it keeps many from working through the pain of what others did to them.

The MKs from Tambo are now adults. My peer group not only has raised their families, they are now grandparents. They have kept the memories buried for so many decades that it probably seems futile to even try to fight for any sort of justice anymore.

Nothing will come of these sham "investigations" if the survivors don't rise up and speak out. I think NTM is hoping they will not do that. And they have hired an attorney (Theresa Sidebotham) who is so adept at her craft that she easily intimidates any who attempt to question her or her methods.

All of this makes it even more amazing that there were some young women MKs who had been sexually abused in Fanda, Senegal, who had the courage and the willpower to pursue their cases and managed to accomplish impressive things. I have not met any NTM MKs from any other country who are like Kari and Bonnie, the heroes who founded this website called Fanda Eagles seven years ago!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:11 pm 

All very good and very valid reasons, Bemused.

Thanks for spelling them out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:50 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:11 pm 

Thanks for answering.
It is horribly sad.
Anyone else?
Anyone?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:12 pm 

Well, received my pathetic report. I feel abused some more

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:00 pm 

I am so sorry, dbarney. At the end of a very long journey ... no water in the well.

Really feeling sad tonight.

:(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next