MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 am 

It will all be done professionally and before we release it checked with attorneys etc. on the allowed to and not allowed to when it comes to using real names :) As Bemused said it is a History book of sorts.

I won't be using actual names in my chapter and the style I will write it in the public won't be able to identify who is who and such. Now of course the offender (s) will but hey they already wrote this story and chapter when they made the choice to offend right????

I felt pretty exposed and violated so I can relate to how they may feel when this book is on the shelves....I can recommend some good counselors or therapists if they do or feel they will suffer any issues from being exposed or violated or made to feel bad!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:25 pm 

You are showing a compassion that was not shown to you, mkchame. :D

YOU GO, GIRL!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:56 pm 

A number of Mamouites have written books.

Wess Stafford wrote To Small to Ignore, a great book for all working with children. Two of the chapters are on Mamou under a different name.

Vivian Palmer Harvey wrote The Missionary Myth From age five and a half, she attended Mamou Alliance Academy nine months a year, where, like her siblings and peers, she experienced severe abuse of all kinds.

Ultimate Sacrifice: An intimate look into Missionary Boarding Schools and the ultimate sacrifice of the children by Paul Friesen.

Bob Neudorf also wrote Journeying Mercies: Tuesday Was Gone. Bob's is a ebook.

I think there are others in the works also. It is good if everyone can write their story. It would be great if at least one person from each school wrote their story. But each persons story is different so many can write.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:41 am 

i will donate my poetry.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 am 

Les Misery by Bemused and Friends

Chapter One

It was the best of times
It was the worst of times
Herein lies a record
Of some horrendous crimes

And the peasants revolted
Rose as one from their sleepy bed
You can hear the peasants sing
Off with their revolting head

Justice they demanded
For those who acted bad and mean
And introductions were made
To La Guillotine

Viva La Revolution
For what was sown as crop
The harvest has begun
With a swift and sharp little chop

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:37 pm 

Hello, Bemused and Mosquito Bite, I just thought to give a little peek to see how all this was going. My interview with IHART was last year.Since receiving my MOI, I have not heard from them. Do you guys know what's happening?

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:04 pm 

anyone got the list with the 42 predators?????

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:05 pm 

The answer is probably, "no we don't know what is happening, but we have some grave suspicions what might be happening". I think Raz is probably more qualified and in touch with this one. No doubt she'll be able to give a fuller answer shortly (just popped out to do a days climbing in the Himalayas :P ).
Nice to see you back, presume you've caught up re the conviction of Scott Kennell who was in your neck of the woods.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 pm 

OOOh Bemused, I had sort of forgotten about all this, but these past days, I ran into another MK, from the 60's, graduated 1972 Tambo, and he as well suffered and his brother. So it all came up again. I have no words to describe how disgusting this all feels. I am hopeless. I have no hope that the perps will pay in any way. So I may be demanding money settlement... suggestions on the amount.....

still love your poems!!!! you're amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:04 am 

Oh such an excellent question.

Sunshine, sue NTM for every cent they have and a little bit more. Send them so broke they have to close down or start begging their naïve supporters for more donations. Then their supporters might wake up and start asking why they have been sued or had to shut down!!!!!!!!!

Now when you have this great fortune in cash, here is a bit of advice. Calculate where you would have been in life if you had not had NTM in your it and take only what you need to make up the difference. With the rest, do something that puts back into this world something meaningful. For Gods sake don't just start handing it out to every Johnny come lately who suddenly finds the courage to speak out about child abuse because they can get some cash from you, because you'll never be able to satisfy the wants of the greedy who will suddenly turn up.

And don't worry about NTM going broke, see it as setting them a challenge of the faith that they claim they have, their god will provide for them.

One more piece of advice, spend a little bit of money on thank you cards or small tokens of your appreciation of those who have helped you along on your journey, they will appreciate it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next