[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Further investigations?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:41 am 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Oct. 15th:

NTM/GRACE Joint Statement:

The NTM USA Executive Board and GRACE are committed to further discussions regarding the precise manner and procedure in which other NTM boarding school abuse claims will be investigated and addressed. A finalized process will be announced no later than November 1, 2010.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:18 pm 

This is VERY hopeful news! I will continue to pray!

Here is an honest question though, to the Monitor Person: Doesn't it seem a little strange that we, the parents of some of Les Emory's victims in Aritao, have not personally received one single word of contact, in any form whatsoever, about NTM's interest in investigating the abuse at that school? What about the other parents who have not been participating on this website? And the survivors who have not been speaking up? I believe some (most?) of them are completely oblivious to this inspiring miracle of vindication and validation that has transpired because of the Eagles' courage and perseverance. If I wasn't participating on this Forum, I wouldn't have a clue. At what point does NTM leadership plan to let survivors from other schools and their families know that they do care about what happened to them, and are "discussing" doing something significant about it?

Just wondering ...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:00 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:55 pm 

[quote="Raz"]This is VERY hopeful news! I will continue to pray!

Here is an honest question though... At what point does NTM leadership plan to let survivors from other schools and their families know that they do care about what happened to them...

Raz,

I have so much respect for you and your family. You are a very very good person, and are wise, and honest, and caring, and thoughtful. I respect you and admire you greatly, but I am sorry... I have to say this... Are you kidding me? After 17 years of silence? After NOT informing Virginia about Les Emory's crimes upon return to the United States? After literally just letting him walk Scott free? After ignoring virtually every letter and email sent to them from my friend? At what point do they let survivors let them know they care?

They have been letting you know how much they care... For 17 years.

Respectfully,

~Mahal Ko~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:13 pm 

Here's an even more frustrating thing.

Les commits countless, unthinkable crimes against who knows how many innocent children.

NTM protects (makes immune to prosecution) Les Emory in 1993

17 years later, NTM Loyalists protect those that protected Les Emory

Makes me wonder if, when we are judged, that the Lord will see these sins as equal...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:33 pm 

The hand delivered letters get me very excited for the mere fact that now the area and people surrounding these people know about who they really are. It is protecting future victims. Of course it is too late, everyone knows that. Brooks who lied multiple times about how many victims he had at Fanda is now all of the sudden going to tell the truth about if he destroyed any lives since? He was so good at his deception that best friends at Fanda did not even tell each other what was going on, and we are surprised that there are no allegations about him right now in GA? GRACE wants me to remember that although this EB is the one taking on the responsability they are not the ones who let these men walk freely away before, am I to just throw out that these are the people who told Kari in 2009 that there was nothing they could do, even though they had the documentation in their hands? Is that what I am to do?

Raz brought up a great point parents everywhere should be getting letters, but I think that NTM needs GRACE to draw them up to make sure they are not so vague that parents have no clue what they are about.
[*]Also, NTM, do not just send these letters to the children who were in the dorms at the same time as these abusers, you need to send a letter to anyone who has ever been an mk in your organization. My younger sister and I are very much apart of what happened at Fanda and we never even went there, we are a casualty of the coverup which allowed it to reach us.
[*]And parents, if you ever receive a letter like this, never just question the child that you think is the only one who could be affected, you never know who in your family it has reached and how it got there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:53 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next