[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Further investigations?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:55 pm 

How would one find out who was in charge? Who was responsible for letting the perp in Aritao leave? Who's decision it was? Where are those records? Who signed off on that decision? What was reported to NTM in Florida? The Perp's home State of Virginia? Where are those records? How can we get a hold of them? Anyone know? NTM has thus far refused to even acknowledge a general inquiry email. Under the freedom of information act, Non-profit organizations must provide this kind of information and make it available.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 pm 

There certainly does need to be investigation into the other schools, but I think that first and foremost NTM needs to acknowledge the known past case and apply the spirit of the GRACE recommendations to all of those situations.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:33 pm 

Actually, you are wrong about NTM not being wealthy. New Tribes Mission has tons of money - they own valuable real estate in countries all over the globe. The attorney I spoke with said he would be glad to jump at this opportunity, especially for pain and suffering damages.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:00 pm 

Passing that information along right now. Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:50 pm 

I was forwarded an email today from Grace that said, "In the coming weeks Grace will provide NTM with a specific recommendation as to how matters of past abuse at other NTM schools will be investigated. We will get back to you at that time. In the meantime encourage others who were abused at Vianopolis to email grace."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:06 pm 
Site Admin

GRACE update today:

At this point, GRACE has not been asked to investigate the other boarding school abuse complaints. It is our understanding that at this point, the NTM Child Protection Committee will oversee such investigations and will hire an investigator who will answer to the Committee. GRACE did not recommend handling these other boarding school abuse matters in this manner.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:05 pm 

Bonnie, wow, how discouraging! I will be fighting this desision!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:50 pm 

Ok, I am really pissed off right now. How dare NTM think that they can look into the other schools without the help of GRACE? GRACE has been the only bright spot in this whole travesty after 20+ years of silence, denial and sheer incompetence on the part of New Tribes Mission. and that's not counting the horrible years of Fanda, mind you.

GRACE may not have done it perfectly, but they were a hell of a lot more effective than New Tribes was. GRACE believed us, did a huge amount of research in a relatively short time and earned the trust of the majority of the Fanda MKs they talked to, something that the good ol' CPC sure can't say. But I guess NTM doesn't give a damn about that, after all they have their reputation to protect. such as it is. And we can't have this abuse stuff getting out to ruin the work of the LORD now can we. So much to cover up, so little time.

This whole thing is making me angry. I am sick and tired of waiting around for New Tribes Mission to take some real action. Their words mean less than nothing to me at this point - I want to see actual proof that they terminated the people named in the report, I want to see the letters they allegedly sent to those people's churches, I want to know details of all these meetings the EC says it is having. I want some real attempts at communication - vague updates and form letters don't count anymore. I want them to quit telling their members not to share the report. And most of all I want the several thousand employees of NTM to stop being afraid and/or stop hiding behind holier-than-thou forgive-and-move-on pharisee theology and start making some noise to let their organization know that it cannot be a place where children don't matter any longer.

I still say that more press and media attention may be the only tool we have at this point to bring about any lasting change, and we need to do something quick because I sure am not feeling reassured that abuses of all types are not continuing to happen at NTM's missionary schools and elsewhere. Public shame seems to be the currency that works best 'round Sanford town, sad to say.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:27 am 

[quote="Gene Long"]I encourage the victims and / or their families to approach GRACE with these concerns. They have shown themselves to be an effective and confidential advocate on behalf of victims of abusive behavior.

If I were in your shoes, and I know that I am not, I would feel a great deal of confidence in the Fanda Eagles, as well. You could write them without revealing your name and I think they could give you some good advice and needed encouragement.

While the victims and their families have a specific right to speak out and demand investiagations of these incidents, those who have been pressured into putting their children into MK schools, those who have supported MK schools, those who have supported NTM missionaries who had their children in those schools. . . all of these people have a right to speak up and demand an accounting. In fact, anyone who has a feeling for justice has a right to speak out; if nothing else, they may spare the victims the pain of having to come forward, something that very few victims will do, and something that those who would cover up these crimes count on.

Gene...I did write to GRACE..no response!..at all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next