MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:21 pm 
Site Admin

NTM Weekly Update:

This week NTM continued conversations with various parties including GRACE regarding how best to implement steps toward mediation and arbitration. NTM and GRACE had hoped to be in a position to recommend a specific process by today, but were unsuccessful in reaching that point.

On Saturday, October 23, members of the NTM-USA Executive Board will be meeting with members of the GRACE team to discuss various topics including, but not limited to, mediation and arbitration and the manner and procedure in which other NTM boarding school abuse claims will be investigated and addressed. We continue to be in prayer for God’s wisdom and leading during this meeting.

GRACE continues to follow up on issues regarding the remaining personnel recommendations and is awaiting responses from certain persons before fully completing this task. NTM will finalize their decisions as soon as possible upon receiving final information from GRACE.

October 22, 2010

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:07 pm 

Bonnie wrote:
This week NTM continued conversations with various parties including GRACE regarding how best to implement steps toward mediation and arbitration. NTM and GRACE had hoped to be in a position to recommend a specific process by today, but were unsuccessful in reaching that point.

Does anyone know why they were unsuccessful?

Does GRACE have an update regarding this? Or are these updates issues by both GRACE and NTM together?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:44 am 

MrsM wrote:
Bonnie wrote:

Does anyone know why they were unsuccessful?

Does GRACE have an update regarding this? Or are these updates issues by both GRACE and NTM together?

This is corporate-speak for saying nothing, while taking credit for being open.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:02 am 

Gene Long wrote:

This is corporate-speak for saying nothing, while taking credit for being open.[/quote]

I, for one, would rather have an update that says they don't have anything to say than silence. Silence not being at all golden, i think this at least shows some effort to let us know what's going on.

And where did this info come from? This is the first communication from NTM I've seen on this website that did not appear in my NTM inbox first. Yeah for NTM on that... which doesn't mean they've done enough, but simply that at some level they are listening to your forwarded info, Monitor Person, and responding at some level.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:59 am 

another MK wrote:
Gene Long wrote:

This is corporate-speak for saying nothing, while taking credit for being open.

I, for one, would rather have an update that says they don't have anything to say than silence. Silence not being at all golden, i think this at least shows some effort to let us know what's going on.

And where did this info come from? This is the first communication from NTM I've seen on this website that did not appear in my NTM inbox first. Yeah for NTM on that... which doesn't mean they've done enough, but simply that at some level they are listening to your forwarded info, Monitor Person, and responding at some level.[/quote]

Good point! I missed the part that says they didn't have anything to say. I mistakenly faulted them for not giving details about continued conversations with various parties including GRACE regarding how to best implement steps towards mediation and arbitration. I understood that NTM and GRACE had hoped to be in a position to recommend a specific process by 22 October, but were unsuccessful in reaching that point. And, not being wise enough to realize that this message was tantamount to saying nothing, I indicated that golden silence was better. I intended to say that more information would have been better, but I have been critical of others who expect us to read their minds, so I have no reason to expect that you could read mine, even though mine is so simple. My bad.

I am glad that NTM is making these concrete efforts to let us know what is going on. It amounted, in your estimation, to telling us that they had nothing to say, but that is certainly better than silence. I totally agree. If they had said it as concisely as you, I may have gotten the message.

I have made the mistake before, under the Old New Tribes Mission, of looking for meaning in their communications only to be told, "It is really meaningless." Change takes time, I know. I should have known better.

Monitor, the very next time NTM has nothing to say, please ask them to say, "Nothing to say this week." It will save the dense among us so much embarrassment. :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:28 am 
Site Admin

another MK wrote:
And where did this info come from? This is the first communication from NTM I've seen on this website that did not appear in my NTM inbox first. Yeah for NTM on that... which doesn't mean they've done enough, but simply that at some level they are listening to your forwarded info, Monitor Person, and responding at some level.

This was sent to the Fanda Mk's by GRACE, for NTM.