[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - How deep does this go?

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How deep does this go?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 am 

It was painful reading this report. One can only wonder: This report covers one school, on one field, and probably doesn't give the full story, since many potential victims declined to participate and some vital documents have "gone missing". . .

How deep does this go? Are there any plans for similar investigations of other NTM-run schools? How about schools where NTM does NOT run the school, but operates its own dorms?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:02 am 
Site Admin

i am certainly pressing for more investigations. currently we have not heard of any definite plans for them. will continue to keep you updated.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 am 

On page 47 of this report, footnote 339, it states that Scott Ross "...inherited a backlog of some 80 or 90 child abuse allegations worldwide" when he became lead in-house counsel in 2002. Worldwide, mind you.

It would be good if NTM would come forward with details about these worldwide allegations, giving us details about how they were handled. If they have been mishandled, then NTM needs to take immediate steps to resolve them in harmony with how it has worked to resolve the Fanda School issues.

Failure to do so is going to give the impression that NTM will only deal with problems when they become too much of an embarrassment to ignore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:37 pm 

I think you can surmise by the reaction how deep it goes.

If it was isolated, and fully against the nature of the organization in every respect, you can imagine how quickly the leadership would move to throw that portion of the organization--i.e., the leaders, individual dorm parents, etc.-- "under the bus" and distance themselves from it. By "under the bus" I mean that they would act to the fullest extent of the law--both God's and society's in removing this stain from themselves.

If it was isolated, and ostensibly against the nature of the organization, but the organization held itself in such regard that such a thing was abhorrent to even address, you would see the stonewalling, the sluggishness, etc that you are now seeing. What I'm describing is the best case scenario here--i.e., an isolated incident but that the organization views itself above such earthly concerns as legality and propriety and concern for those weaker than ourselves.

But we know that this probably isn't the case, based upon the other reports. I think you're talking about a mortally flawed organization. It simply can't be reduced to mathematics--where you count the cost of sacrifice vs. the eternal rewards gained (re: native souls.) That's the mistake the mission has been making for so long.

The only response I could possibly see, as I was telling one of the proprietors of this website earlier, is a complete operational shutdown (of either the mission itself or the infected parts) for a self-imposed (and agreed upon w/ various parties) period of time with a fully transparent process for fixing itself. Maybe not even that. Maybe just a complete re-branding, including a new name. Organizations in this context mean nothing, and there's nothing to save if it truly runs this deep.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:39 am 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:30 pm 

Well said jdg. There are, I'm positive, dozens and dozens of more such instances!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:26 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:54 am 

My mom heard from GRACE and they told her to keep having people email their stories to them. They are finalizing their Fanda recommendations and then are gearing up for another school investigation. I have no clue which school will be next, and that makes me sad because I know so many of you want your stories heard and people to take accountability for your abuse, but the stories I am hearing from the different schools are all so horrific. I feel so bad because the Fanda investigation took a year, how much longer will these others schools take? There are so many more years to investigate in their history and how many files were destroyed from them? I want swift justice for you all, but know that it takes so long to get all the stories and records together. It is sad that we cannot trust NTM to help with these investigations and that one group must do it all.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:09 am 

yes one group it is too much responsibility!!! what about those who have no faith??? grace will not help them. we all got spiritual abuse and its worse than the beatings and rape I got!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:46 am 

Tow Mater, I am highly interested to know if you get any response from Rothgerber about this request. I believe they are quite proud of their beyond-horrible article, and will not remove it.

Two the the SIM MKs confronted the authors, Nussbaum and Sidebotham, about this article. Have you read about that? They got very defensive responses, as I understand it.

These attorneys are so ignorant I wouldn't even be able to have a conversation with them.

(If you haven't read the thread "Finally! The reasons NTM isn't using GRACE", there is discussion about the article there. Also a link to a refreshingly terrific article, by another author, with some great suggestions for child abuse prevention and response.)