[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Aritao abuse

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aritao abuse
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:43 am 

Florida Eliminates Statute of Limitations On Child Sex Abuse Cases
Child sexual abuse victims in Florida received historic good news on May 11, 2010, when Governor Charlie Crist signed into law Florida House Bill 525 which eliminated the statute of limitations on both criminal and civil claims relating to children under the age of 16.

The new law goes into effect and applies to any claim that would not have been barred by the existing statute of limitations as of July 1, 2010.

The main opponent lobbying against the new law was the Catholic Church.

This significant change in the course of Florida law allows abused kids to hold their abusers accountable for all of the damages that they haved caused. Since the psychology of child sexual abuse many times leaves victims unable to comprehend or even remember the abuse for many years after it occurs, the new law will help eliminate the injustice inherently associated with child sexual abuse.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:55 am 

Good news!!! Now someone needs to lobby to have the US laws changed if an abuse happens outside the US. How can we get that accomplished?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:10 pm 

Read http://www.ndaa.org/pdf/Update_22_6_cx_NDAA.pdf

Charging Accomplice Liability in Child Abuse Cases... Bad NTM!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:32 am 

I believe my friend is gearing up to lose her anonymity. Her family didn't even know the severity of the crimes that were committed against her, and last night, she finally wrote her brothers and sisters:

msg: pls read under the Aritao forum

http://fandaeagles.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8

Encourage victims you know to please speak up and I pray to God you are not one of them. Pray for healing, strength, justice, mercy
to be done. For NTM and victims SOMETHING has to be done and yes, i have posted on the Aritao forum. I need prayers for the same list above. I know there are A LOT of people supporting all the victims and I appreciate that very much because it is still extremely hard and difficult... I am healing, slowly, surely. Thank you. I Love You.

This, again, is a HUGE step towards her healing. To gain the support of her family in this manner will help immensely. I am so proud of her, posting on the Fanda Aritao forum and contacting her family about this within a couple days of each other. She really is my hero. Yes, she is really starting to open up! I am going to have to speak with her younger brother, though. I am afraid when he reads the post that he may very well hop a plane to Chesapeake and do a little predator hunting.

Another victim from Aritao posts on Fanda. This is also a huge step towards her healing, knowing that she may not have to "Carry the Torch" by herself. The weight of the world has been on her shoulders, and no matter how much I attempt to share that burden, some things I simply can not (and NOT because I wouldn't. I would in a heartbeat!)

I thank everyone on here for all you are doing. I thank you for all of your continued support and prayers. On behalf of my friend, and myself. You all are wonderful human beings with a compassionate heart and impeccable sense of justice. I hope other victims will join us in this fight, and may you all find strength and healing through God's good grace. Thank you.

~Mahal Ko~

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:58 am 

Wow! That is so amazing! Rejoicing and praying. May justice be served. May God redeem.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:49 am 

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
-Galatians 6:2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 am 

A very noble man I know, who is close to the Aritao abuse, has suggested to me that we set up a situation in which the media (like CNN) will cover our story. That is a very noble idea, however, I have already contacted CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, Fox News Network, NBC News, The New York Times, and a few others. I also brought attention to the media about the G.R.A.C.E. Report, and none of it was carried on National News. So have others on the these Forums. To organize hundreds of thousands of people to protest publicly is realistically not going to happen, not unless it has touched them somehow on a personal basis (ie not everyone has a relative who was a victim on Aritao).

I have prayed for several months to our God, and my prayers are this. "Father, please use me. Use me as your servant to do your will, to help my friend heal. To help other victims heal, and to take this man Les Emory off the streets so he can no longer harm any children. Father I pray that you will give me strength and guidance to serve you in your name, and Father I pray that you use me to help future generations be spared from the atrocities that were committed against the victims in Aritao."

If you are reading this, I would like to ask you, if you don't mind, what are your goals in this? What do you want to see happen? I mean besides the obvious (get Les and the other molesters OFF the streets). What happens if he is locked up? Is that going to fix the reasons why the children in Aritao and the other dorms were put in that situation to begin with? Has anything REALLY changed besides getting one more child molester off the streets? Has anyone been held accountable for the string of bad decisions that let him go to molest another day? Is NTM more or less likely to Do the right thing from now on? Have any policies been changed? Are they all still afraid that "if any word of this gets out, that will ruin all of our good work?"

There could be, Right now, as I am typing this, a dorm dad molesting an MK somewhere in the world. What kind of FEAR have we put in the back of his mind that will deter him from doing these things? Nothing! Here it is 17 years after Les left Aritao, and he hasn't even been brought in for questioning by the authorities yet! Why not? THAT is the problem that needs to be fixed! That is the problem in Aritao, Fanda, PNG, Tambo, Vianapolis, Paraguay, Venezuela, and these are only the ones that we know about.

If you are a believer, I ask that you pray on this really really hard. Inside every one of us, is a that part of Christ. The voice that is from Our Lord can be very subtle, and sometimes can be easily drowned out by our own thoughts, emotions, prejudices, etc. If your belief is that to expose certain names brings disgrace to Christ, then I ask you to please realize this - as was pointed out by my Noble Friend, "the name of Christ has already been disgraced by NTM." Call these men out by name and by doing so, help to stop the name of Christ from being continuously smeared.

I know that there are family members and friends of victims who have or had close ties/relations to people in leadership at NTM. I can only imagine the difficult position in which they find themselves. I can only guess that because of these ties, there is some question and/or hesitation on how exposing the people within NTM will affect those ties and relationships. I can only remind those family members and friends, that exposing NTM's decisions and lack of actions is NOT ATTACKING those in leadership on a personal level - what is being exposed and brought to light and needs to be addressed is their actions as a whole. NTM leadership is not and was not just one person - it is a group of men and yes, even God-fearing men are human and do make wrong decisions, whether out of fear of public humiliation, whether out of selfish motivations, or even for just one moment, CHOOSING to NOT FOLLOW what is BLATANTLY RIGHT. It says in the Bible if you see a brother sinning, point it out to him. If he continues, take someone with you, and if he continues take it to the church. NTM was alerted and nothing was done. GRACE was brought in, and partial action was taken. With the most recent developments, it is time to get the church involved. WE are the church and it is OUR responsibility to hold NTM accountable - please note this - we are to hold them accountable, NOT JUDGE - for that is God's right and responsibility, and He certainly does not need our help with that.

Please pray hard on this. To put Les and the other molesters behind bars, is simply not enough. What happens when its our grandchildren being molested by a dorm dad somewhere? Will you wish then, that you had held those in leadership accountable?

Think about it.

~Mahal Ko~

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:40 pm 

NTM Family News July, 1993 No.108

Page 13. The Headline reads Child Molesters

"It is hard to imagine that there would be people in a Christian missionary organizations who are child molesters. Sad to say, it is a fact. There are people who get involved in this terrible sin and have to be dealt with.
Since this is a serious criminal offense in most country's, and especially in the United States, where our International Headquarters is located, we are obligated to make a report to local authorities promptly after hearing of such an offense. It also means automatic dismissal from the Mission.
Now that we know what the law requires, we can not be silent. We will be reporting the crime to authorities and legal action can be expected.
The Executive Committee"

This was 4 months AFTER Les had been sent home from the Philippines, and is an admission that he had not yet been turned over to the authorities. In this, the NTM Executive Committee also acknowledges their legal responsibility to do so.

And 17 years later, the State of Virginia has No Record of any such report. It would seem that the NTM Executive Committee printed this little blurb in Family News to appease the flock back in the Philippines, and nothing more. We are all so proud of you, NTM, for pulling the wool over everyones eyes! Good Job! Yes, I'm being sarcastic, but these are people you hurt. YOUR people. People that believed in you! (shakes head in disgust)

On page 38 of the same issue, under the headline Dismissed

"Emory, Les and Wendy- from Philippines"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:18 pm 

I am sick with disgust.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:55 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next