MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Les Emory Interview
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:36 pm 

Thank you Bev and others for your encouragement.

Sadly for me, not every abuse survivor wants an angry, activist mother! Isn't it ironic! One of my daughters is the one in our family who wishes this subject would never be spoken of, ever again.

I feel, when it comes to child abuse, there is no way to get it right. No way to make it better. By it's very nature itself, this evil destroys, and no response is guaranteed to always be the correct one. It hurts, and hurts, and hurts.

While I cannot seem to heal the broken relationship in my own family, I am gratified that my stubborn advocacy for victims of MK abuse in any country, mission, and decade has been helpful -- maybe even healing --for others.

My love goes out unendingly to all of you MKs ... together we stand, in the fellowship of the suffering.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:19 pm 

Hugs to you, Raz, and hugs to my little sisters. Tears, as I remember your sweet girls, mourn the innocence that was stolen, and consider the resulting cascade of devastation and pain you and your family have experienced. I wonder how even God can somehow transform these bitter ashes into beauty. Wishing there was some way I could ease the pain. Standing with you. Reminding God of your suffering and asking for justice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:52 am 

I'm not sure exactly where to post this, but I think that in light of the comments made by the NTM "spokeswoman" in this interview, this would be the best place.
Recently I was discussing the topic of NTM's negligence with my parents. We left the Philippines and moved to PNG when I was a little over one year old. One day, my mother received a phone call from a friend in the Philippines telling her that L.E. and his wife had been dismissed from the mission, and that my name was on the list of abused. She also said, that prior to his crimes being exposed, he turned himself in to the leadership committee, confessing what he had done. Their response? To shrug it off and say it was impossible that he could be doing such a thing. Several years later, two of the members from the field committee at that time were having dinner at our house, and they too shared the same thing: that L.E. had come to them seeking help, and they blew him off.
So tell me, NTM, how was ignoring someone's confession of child molestation "reporting the abuse to the field"?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:34 pm 

I think I'm gonna be sick. To think of the hundreds of times "That Girl" was tortured by LE... and they could have stopped it so much earlier. And that was just one child. I'm gonna be sick.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:15 pm 

WmichMK wrote:
I'm not sure exactly where to post this, but I think that in light of the comments made by the NTM "spokeswoman" in this interview, this would be the best place.
Recently I was discussing the topic of NTM's negligence with my parents. We left the Philippines and moved to PNG when I was a little over one year old. One day, my mother received a phone call from a friend in the Philippines telling her that L.E. and his wife had been dismissed from the mission, and that my name was on the list of abused. She also said, that prior to his crimes being exposed, he turned himself in to the leadership committee, confessing what he had done. Their response? To shrug it off and say it was impossible that he could be doing such a thing. Several years later, two of the members from the field committee at that time were having dinner at our house, and they too shared the same thing: that L.E. had come to them seeking help, and they blew him off.
So tell me, NTM, how was ignoring someone's confession of child molestation "reporting the abuse to the field"?

This gets worse and worse. I've only been on this site for about 6 weeks, but the revelations are staggering. Not only do we establish that abuse took place, but it was on a major scale with crimes all the way up to the level of both male and female rape of minors. Then there is the unexcusable coverups, the refusal to investigate properly and not heed recommendations of the investigation that did take place (and was cut short). Now we find out that when an abuser actually comes forward and admits guilt, they are told it didn't happen!
What on earth are we going to find out next?

My parents suffered greatly at the hands of NTM. It cost my mother much of her sanity. We had two reps fly into our country to "spy" on them and report back. They were threatened with "re education" at boot camp if they didn't tow the NTM policy. They had the majority of their life savings stolen by NTM, in a fraudulent action.
I have never had an apology for what happened to me. My childhood was so weird I spent much of it in a basement making coffins (things you put dead bodies in). Not just one or two, 754 of them. I went from being a quiet obedient child, to an 18 year old who could not wait to escape. I remember another MK threatening to kill me in public because I kicked his dog when it bit me and no one said a thing, at that point I knew I was a lower life form than a dog. That was pretty much what it was like day after day, year after year until I got home and discovered that the evil society that we were told about was acutally much nicer to live in than where I'd spent my teenage years. I no longer believed in the religous mumbo jumbo that we heard day after day, because it was so hard to discern what was the truth any more. The principal was so whacky in his thinking it was like a monty python script (Life of Jim?), one dorm parent was molesting anything with a skirt on. Teachers were beating kids black and blue (including a child who had an epileptic seizure). Kids were locked up in solitary confinement for touching someone of the opposite gender, while the perverts were allowed to roam free. Then there was the brainwashing, day after day. A dorm father who'd isolate you from a group and lecture you on how you were going to hell, unless you saw religon from his point of view (which contradicted what others were spouting) and then tell you how he liked to offer kids a choice of punishment and then give them the one they didn't want, just for his own sadistic pleasure.
Then I find out my father had lied, the man of God who was the most righteous person I'd ever met. He lied to create the illusion that this was all god's work and the lies continue, because he denies any of this took place. Somehow I'm supposed to be grateful for the wonderful opportunities that NTM afforeded me in my childhood. Forgive me, but I am not grateful. I spent my childhood making coffins, essentially friendless, wondering who was next going to beat the stuffing out of me and get away with it. Being fair game for other MKs and adults alike. What should have been the carefree days of adolescence, were spent coping with adult problems, fear, loads of guilt and utter mental confusion wondering how something that was portrayed as being so perfect a lifestyle, was a hellish nightmare.

So NTM is a bit annoyed with us from Downunder for dropping this mess into the Australian media, tough! We've waited for decades for justice, even an apology, we were not that hard to find, but nothing. Our faith in NTM went years ago, for some of us our faith in God has all but evaporated, our trust in fellow humans we have had to rebuild by ourselves. It's to late now, yes NTM is squirming and feeling less than comfortable, but that is nothing to what us MKs went through.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 am 
Site Admin

Please post the media links. This needs to go viral again. I can feel the apathy creeping up.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:27 am 

threewillows wrote:
Please post the media links. This needs to go viral again. I can feel the apathy creeping up.

Behold, it came to pass that one doth find the link and display it for all to wonder at.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/former-missionary-admits-sexual-abuse

And all that beheld the link were sore amazed and there arose throughout the land a cry such as never had been heard before. And the people arose as one voice and demanded Justice of they who had done such wicked and vile deeds. Such was their wailing and gnashing of teeth, that even they who sat in their palace were moved and said unto each other. "Hey fellow commitee members, them natives is stirring again, do you think we should throw them some morsels from our table to keep them quiet?"

Tune in next week, for a further update . . . :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:43 am 

http://www.wesh.com/r/28827694/detail.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:00 am 

And behold another week did come to pass, wherein they that were sorely afflicted did cry out unto those who dwell within the palace, "enough, enough".
But they who did dwell within the palace saw no evil, heard no evil, and swore they did no evil, despite the flood of evidence that did surround them. And they did spake unto each other thus, "them natives is still stirring, we got anymore crumbs to dispense from our table?"

Tune in next week for a further update, which will be more of the same.