[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Field Committee in Philippines in 90's

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:20 am 

Peter and Kathy Baker
Jay and Faith Jackson
Bob and Becky Meisel
Paul and Oreta Burnam

(these are who I can remember - feel free to correct me and or add to this)

I want to say that I really love and respect all of the above families and I believe they were doing what they thought was best at the time. And I am not meaning to incriminate them.

I now want to tell a true story. My friends father was a part of a church in California in which the youth minister was found to be a pedophile. The church wanted to deal with it internally because fearing the shame to his family and their church. My friends father was too brave and strong - he was more afraid of offending God than man. So he turned the pedophile into the police - and in turn lost MANY friends. But the criminal was tried and put in jail and as a result (1.) Countless girls and boys were spared ongoing horrible abuse (2.) He set an example to the youth and adults in the church to take a stand for what is right even if you are ostracized. (3.) He enabled the kids that had been abused to see that adults will protect them and help them find peace and healing. (4.) He could live his future life with a pure conscience knowing he did all in his power protect the helpless.

with love,
Rochelle

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm 

Rochelle,

Your father is a very wise and righteous man. It reminds me of something that my Grandfather once told me when I was much younger. He said, "When faced with a very difficult decision, the right thing to do is most always the most difficult of the two choices." The decision that your father made, even if he lost friends over it, was most definitely the right thing, and the most difficult thing to do.

With Love and respect for you and your family,

~Mahal Ko~

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:43 pm 

Women were't allowed to be committee members. Only the men. Oli Jacobsen was Charmian of the field committee.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:47 pm 

Now the question is, Who made the decision to make Les Emory leave and go back to the United States? Was it the field committees sole decision or were they following "Orders" from the Executive committee in Sanford? I would like the field committee members to post their version of what transpired on this forum. The NTM Executive committee, if history repeats itself, will make the Field committee responsible for that decision, even if the field committee had nothing to do with that decision.

The Victims Really Need to know WHY this man is NOT behind Bars and Who let him go and Why? They don't want to hear any more smoke screens about "we didn't know he couldn't be prosecuted in the United States" when NTM didn't even bother to report him at all! They are sick and tired of the silence from NTM about this.

Peter Baker? Jay Jackson? Bob Meisel? Paul Burnam? Oli Jacobsen? What Say You?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:19 pm 

And they want to know "What are you doing right this second to right that wrong?" Have any of you, that let him go, Sent paperwork, or reports, or picked up the phone and called someone to get this man off the streets? DON"T YOU THINK IT"S BEEN LONG ENOUGH?

What are you waiting for???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:56 am 

Rochelle,

Your friend's father is a real hero in my estimation...a person with the guts and integrity to do what's right. God bless him for standing up for those innocent children! Aren't there anymore like that?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:23 pm 

MK sheri,

They had proof. One very brave survivor came forward and told what had happened to her. The Field Committee confronted him, and he admitted it. In his admission to the Field Committee he justified his actions. This is my understanding of the situation. Raz, please correct me if I am mistaken.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:41 pm 

Yes, that is correct. The field committee had no clue as to the depth, length and breadth of this man's heinous, perverted crimes. Even I have recently learned things through this Forum that I never was aware of before. He was dismissed immediately from the mission and from the field of the Philippines. I believe that at the time, that swift response was done to show how very grave and reprehensible they felt the sin had been, even toward the one child they knew about at that time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:39 pm 

And now that everyone knows the "depth and magnitude?" Has this been addressed? Have any that did not know, that now do know, done anything about it?