[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - In Memoriam

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: In Memoriam
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:32 pm 

What did you think when your Mommy and Daddy dropped you off at school,
Got in the mission plane and flew home to the tribal village without you?
Throw away boy.

What did you think when you couldn’t see them for months on end,
And only got to speak with them once a week on the radio,
If they were standing by waiting to hear your lonely little voice?
Throw away boy.

What did you think when you could never seem to get everything right,
Always getting lectured at and spanked by that tall stern man
Who wasn’t your Dad, and wasn’t really even your uncle?
Throw away boy.

What did you think when you learned to shrink into the back row,
Keep quiet, be compliant, and never make a fuss, just try to survive?
Throw away boy.

What did you think when your parents were too busy, too dedicated or too broke
To attend any of your school activities, see you kick any goals or win any awards?
Throw away boy.

What did you think when your wife left you and took your children,
When you had run out of options and your emotional tank went from low to empty?
Throw away boy.

What did you think when you put that gun to your head,
All hope gone forever and nothing to live for?
Throw away boy.

How could you possibly know how many of us would now weep for you,
Our hearts aching over all the missed opportunities to show you
You were never, ever, ever
A throw away boy.

Post subject: Re: In Memoriam
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm 

God forgive us for what we have done to our children.

I am beyond devastated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:47 am 

Where did this come from, Raz?
It is horrible.
We know a little girl from before our time who forgot what her parents looked like because they never came to the school. Too dedicated or too poor or both.
Dedicated to WHAT?
Who WAS their god?
Not just crying.......
Sobbing.
Yes, what did we do?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:54 am 

So sad Raz. And unfortunately there many of them out there that we don`t know about yet and may never hear from.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:47 pm 

Thank you Kari and Bonnie for allowing these forums to continue. Many have been helped out here and some who are suffering have a chance to see that they are not alone. Thank you for continuing to allow us to have a voice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 am 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:35 pm 

Oh, no, we're not making any fuss.
Actually, we are ROARING!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:12 am 

What? NO!!

Oh you guys, this makes me so sad. I love my husband so much, and he is trying, but I can't deal with the relapses into abuse. My son still lives with us, but he will go off to college next year, and then there will be no one to protect me when my husband is triggered into his reptile brain.

I am getting from this that an MK committed suicide when his wife and kids felt they had to leave for their safety/well-being. Is that what happened?

I don't know about you all, but I hate missions. All of it. I think it's one huge work of the flesh. We were supposed to go into all the world as a matter of course: go into my world, and as I go, share the life of Christ. In this way the gospel was to spread like leaven in dough. It is the pride of man to try to "make" this happen. It is not the work of the Holy Spirit.

This man was murdered by his parents and their mission. I hope someone lets them know of their guilt in no uncertain terms. :cry: :evil:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:30 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 am 

In 1969 Neil Armstrong was the first person to put their feet on land not on earth, alas he passed away today.

May we to have the courage to achieve the seemingly impossible, on our journey through uncharted skies.

Rest In Peace Neil Armstrong.