[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Dear Mr. Brown...

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dear Mr. Brown...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:34 am 

Larry Brown
E-mail Address(es):
larry_brown@ntm.org

The above might be useful.

Can't gauarantee a reply, but even if you get no reply, that will also tell you something :( .

If you don't get a reply, you can always write a second time and suggest that if it is good enough for Pres. Obama and Tony Abbott to take time out of their very busy schedules to reply to a nobody at the bottom of the globe, then . . .

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:00 pm 

I am still getting over the fact that the 'real hotshots' took time to answer you and others who should have, did not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:23 pm 

I'm not elidgeable to vote in either the jurisdition of Pres. Obama or Tony Abbott, but they both took the time to reply (and Tony Abbott's reply is one of the best letters I have seen on this matter of Child abuse, if you haven't seen it, let me know and I can cut and paste it).

I have had no replies from Crossview Australia, despite nurmerous requests for answers on several matters. My view is that Crossview Australia is now a cult, they wish to keep their past secretive and will not answer any questions, the concern is what are they up to now behind their closed doors.

Credit where credit is due, I have had replies from NTM USA at times and one individual has gone out of their way to be helpful.

One day I will frame the reply from the Whitehouse, or publish it in my memoirs.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:34 pm 

NO mission agency should require parents to sacrifice their children for the mission. No, not one. God does not require this of parents, prove me wrong. Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:35 pm 

Bemused, I agree. Tony Abbott's letter should be displayed for the world to see. Full stop.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:04 am 

Marie, Exactly. I too thought of Abraham and Isaac but Abraham was showing his faith to God. Compare that to missionaries showing their faith to a religious organisation called a mission board or agency. Full stop.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:06 am 

May be next year I'll get the answer I've been asking myself (and even wrote to Larry Brown and asked), how did all this happen.

So many good people sacrificed a lot to do what they earnestly believed in. They gave up their homes, comfortable western lives and in some cases their lives to share a faith that was very important to them.

Yet there were so many criminals (sex crime is a crime, which makes on a criminal) that have now oozed out of the woodwork. One or two in a large organisation, which then dealt with them so severely that it was an example to all not to go down that path, would be within normal parameters, but surely not so many as this. So how and why did it happen, was NTM and every other mission with the same past, targeted by paedopiles who knew they could indulge themselves with little chance of getting caught. Or did they change once they got in. I've asked experts and they lean towards the latter, thinking that latent or hidden tendencies come to the surface when put in a situation of great temptation. But I really have no answer and neither does Larry or anyone else it seems.

As the previous posters say, it feels like MKs got sacrificed for the cause, a cause that never asked for that in the first place. Maybe next year I'll figure it out, in the meantime at least I'm on the side that is trying to make sense of it and make a positive difference, I can live with that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:14 pm 

The sad thing is NTM still thinks you need to sacrifice you children. As of a a year and a half ago I was with NTM and the field I was in was one of the more "Progressive" Fields. During a local leadership meeting a Field leaders wife said that people should to realize that "they need to sacrifice their children sometimes to learn the language" (direct quote). Her husband was sitting right there and he did even correct her.

Such is the state of the CURRENT NTM, despite all the grand things that they say to the contrary.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next