[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
MK forum • View topic - Dear Mr. Brown...

MK forum

Discuss anything MK here
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dear Mr. Brown...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:37 pm 

Dear Mr. Brown,

I know you are very busy these days. I admire your tenacity and commitment in mobilizing such a large organization as NTM in carrying out the GRACE recommendations… You are in our prayers!

According to what I have written on the blog and this forum, I believe with all my heart that there were grave sins committed by NTM that must be rectified in order to have God’s blessing on the all-important subject at hand--that is, the resolving of the matter of the ones that were victimized and molested at the NTM boarding school facilities worldwide. Along with this, there is a subject that has troubled me to no end ever since it occurred some four years ago that I would like to address here; it concerns the Rancans and their leaving the field of Senegal.

When I discovered at the time that they were told by the Senegal field committee that they needed to leave the Budik village and work someplace else because that ministry was in Phase-out , I wrote the EC and pleaded on their behalf. It was obvious to me and others at the time that this was NOT the real reason why they were being asked to leave. I received a reply from Danny Germann saying in effect that it was best for work’s sake that it be that way... I even replied to Danny and commented how sad it was that missionaries were being sacrificed for “the work’s sake.” Ever since that time it has been my firm conviction that whoever made and upheld that decision is a traitor to the Kingdom of God and to New Tribes Mission!

The EC’s and East Brazil FC’s lack of action in this case shows how that NEVER in the history of NTM/MNTB, has an EC/FC’s decision, even when wrong, been questioned by another field committee. And it wasn’t!

Do you men know how many tears were shed by Hope because of that selfish decision? Have you guys ever stopped to ponder how moldable young people were turned off to missions because of that senseless decision? Do you fellows know how many dollars were squandered by them going to Senegal and then having to turn around within a few months to return to Brazil because of that narrow-minded decision?

Do you know why I know that it was a disgraceful and deplorable decision? Because the main person who was responsible for their leaving the field sowed for many years deplorable seeds of merciless and hardened indifference not only towards them but also towards innocent children who were molested over and over again, without receiving one ounce of mercy, love or justice! That same person is leaving Senegal today in dishonor and reproach because those seeds grew into a “big ugly treacherous throne bush”!

If there is an ounce of dignity left in NTM, and I believe there is, I call on NTM in Sanford, Florida to take action to reverse that decision! I call on you and the East Brazil field leadership to ask for the Rancan’s forgiveness for your infamous inaction. Now is the time to redeem yourselves! Sandro and Hope need to be invited back to serve in Senegal. Sandro should be invited to serve on the leadership there, because as and man of character, patience, self-control, and loyalty he has proven himself worthy not only to God but to NTM!

The reason why I am writing to you in this way is because we have had zero success in being heard by NTM through other means of communication. The Eagles have shown that this is the way to go…!!!

Sincerely,

Elijah III

Post subject: Re: Dear Mr. Brown...
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:13 am 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm 

I learned today that Sandro and Hope have submitted their resignation to NTM. This is disheartening for three reasons:

1. It says that NTM never contacted the Rancans to find out their side of the story…
2. It says that NTM insists that the field leadership was correct in forcing the Rancans to leave the field of Senegal…
3. It says that NTM doesn’t believe in asking for forgiveness where they have failed…

You have lost a number one, top notch couple Mr. Brown…I find this very sad, that you guys really don’t believe in reconciliation…

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm 

Gene, I do appreciate your insightful and encouraging comments… and…your non-distracting observations... In the heat of my “righteous indignation” I made a statement that was “partly wrong”. I do apologize to any I might have offended. I would like to correct point #3 in the above post… striking it from the record, to read:

3. It says that NTM in this specific case where they have failed, and in many others, hasn’t asked for forgiveness in order to bring healing and restoration to the wounded and hurting...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:10 pm 

Gene, I for one feel our families went through very similar situations, and NTM has never appologized for what they did to us. It takes a lot for one for forgive, and it takes a lot more to forgive when someone or an antity in this case doesn't feel sorry for what they've done. Especially when what they have done severely hurts the family(ies). Ours was torn apart for years, they hurt my sibling, me and mostly my parents - they were case asside and trodden upon as if they never existed. After everything they did....I can only comiserate with what your family has experienced. The unfairness is atrocious, the hurt unbearable, yet we are to forgive them when they don't feel they did anything wrong. Its aweful, yet the Lord sees our hearts and it says to forgive our enemies, so our family has tried hard. And we don't hold anger, but I would say there is definitely a bucket of disdain hanging around somewhere.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:40 pm 

I just wanted to add my agreement to Elijah III's comment that NTM leaders do not act like reconciliation is a priority to them. Our regional leaders declared our suggestion that a mediator would be helpful in resolving our conflict with them to be "further evidence" of our sin. We were sent back to the States for counseling in order to be "restored to the Lord". NTM USA was unwilling to enter into resolving this conflict either - it's against their policy. Their solution: serve at the training center in Camdenton. We elected to resign instead. It just did not seem right to be sent home from the field because of "sin issues" and then be told (implicitly) that we were fit to train new NTM missionaries.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm 

Dear Mr. Brown,

Several decades ago while at NTBI we were taught the valuable biblical principle of headship. It basically states that when seeds of good or bad are sown by the leadership (head) of a kingdom, country, or group of people (mankind, church…) and even individuals, that the consequences of those actions, are harvested sometimes in this life and sometimes in eternity!

The classic example, of course, is that of Adam and Christ: Romans 5:15 “…For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!”

We even have the account of King David in 2 Samuel 24 disobeying the Lord and the whole nation of Israel suffering for that sin!

After the reign of David and Solomon and the subsequent kings of Judah and Israel, it was one sad story after another of the kings disobeying the commandments of the Lord and the terrifying consequences of those sins coming on the whole nation.

In Revelation chapters two and three, we see words from the Lord Jesus Himself to each of the “angels” (pastors) of the seven churches in Asia Minor indicating that the leadership was responsible for the good and “bad” that took place in the churches.

Mr. Brown, what I am trying to say is this: it is my firm belief that at some time and somewhere in the annals of NTM you will find that there was a practice of pedophilia by leadership that has not been dealt with and most likely has been “swept under the rug”. You cannot have eight or more of your schools world-wide plagued with this “curse” in epidemic proportions and say that there isn’t a “headship” (leadership) factor. The Word of God is Alive and Powerful and will not lie! Check it out!

Sincerely,

Elijah III